April 20, 2024, 12:33:18 am

bootleg pokemon cards

Started by MaxXimus, November 11, 2013, 01:26:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxXimus

What do you think? Do you have any? What are they like?

L___E___T

What do we think?  About their existence?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fcgamer

My one source did not have any of these for sale, he said; however, I am pretty sure I had seen some around at some point.  I am sure I can get you some bro.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

MaxXimus

Yes has anyone accidently bought them? How do you feel about them?

I just bought a carton of 36 booster packs.

nintendodork

How did you find them? How did you realize they were fake?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

MaxXimus

I ended up finding them on aliexpress. It was only $20 for the whole carton so that was a dead giveaway. I have been fascinated by them for a few weeks now for some reason so I have been looking up how to tell fakes apart. Apparently the ones I'm getting have inflated HP and some spelling mistakes. They actually took the time to recreate them rather than just copy them... strange haha.

wholesalewatch648

maxximus, i too bought fake pokemon cards  on  aliexpress.  however, i was too naive at the time to  think they were fakes  because i was hoping to sell them on ebay for a quick profit.  of course, once i got it i realised there fake.  with the large HP i was asking myself why bother do that? i think i finally threw them out
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

MaxXimus

I would have definetly bought them off you. I like quirky things like that.

mario_bro2065

I payed for a Mewtwo once... The caption said "meu2".   :( that dang kid at the garage sale. XD

maxellnormalbias

For a minute I thought you were talking about homemade fakes. Back in 2012 I used MS Paint and the online Pokemon card maker to make fake cards. I printed it out and the standard Pokemon card back, then glued them onto a cut up piece of a note card. (Note cards were the shiz, everyone came to me when they wanted to make their bicycle sound like a motorbike without compromising a trading card)

We had cards for Bowser, a green Reshiram with 300 HP, and we made trainer cards with MS Paint drawings of my friends on them.

Now everyone, you can release a collective "what the hell".

BaconBitsKing

In the mall of the town I used to live in, there was a toy store that sold Pokemon cards. They were printed strangely and all of the Pokemon had over 300-800 HP. I thought they were just really rare but my brother (who collected Pokemon cards at the time) told me they were fake.