Need help with DVD rom (burner)

Started by smeghead, November 13, 2013, 07:38:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

smeghead

I don't know where to post this question...
Having a problem with my DVD-rom while burning with it...
Everything works fine while burning Audio CD or DVD movies (4,7GB) but when i try to burn mp3 compilation CD it doesn't successfully finish recording, and also i can't burn movie on 8,5GB DVD (double layer),
i'm using programs Nero2014 and ConvertXtoDVD.
Anybody knows how to fix this problem?

security16

Are you burning an audio compilation to a dvd disk or a regular cd?

smeghead

Regular CD, can't record mp3 compilations.

famifan

what brand of disks are you using?

having no problems with verbatim. Burning double layered with ease too. Every single problem with burning cased by poor disk quality or closer coming to death hardware (weak laser beam and/or dusted lens, unstable power, etc)

smeghead

I also use Verbatim DVD 8,5GB, but it can't be recognized by my burner, always asks to put in blank disc and disc is already inside...
Maybe it's because it's Rewritable DVD, i will try with regular dual layer disc... but i don't uderstand why can't burn mp3 cd?

famifan

Quote from: smeghead on November 15, 2013, 03:45:24 am
I also use Verbatim DVD 8,5GB, but it can't be recognized by my burner, always asks to put in blank disc and disc is already inside...
Maybe it's because it's Rewritable DVD, i will try with regular dual layer disc... but i don't uderstand why can't burn mp3 cd?

be sure that rewritable dick requires more stronger laser beam even for reading, so if your drive is not young as 1-2years old you possibly need to get a new one. Dual layer disk should be the hardest for burning...

smeghead

Yes, it's older than that... so, i'll try with different DVD, and if it's not working maybe will look for replacement drive.