fcgamer's Free Famicom Game Contest

Started by fcgamer, December 09, 2013, 11:56:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

Tis the season to be jolly.  December always gets me in the mood to give, so I've decided to hold a weekly contest for the Famicom World crowd.  Here are the rules:

1)  All you have to do is post a message in reply, anything, and the first person to do so gets a free Famicom game cartridge.

2)  I will try to do this for the whole month of December, and if things go well I will continue this into the indefinite future.  All participants can only win a game, once a month.  So if you win this week's contest, you cannot win again next week.  This is to give everyone a chance to win something.

3)  The prizes will all be Famicom games.  Many (most) will probably be bootlegs, some unlicensed originals, perhaps even some legit carts.  Everything will be original Famicom related though.

4)  Prizes will be shipped registered mail, with NO tracking code.  Since this is free, I am skipping tracking to save on costs.

5)  I will try not to send sports carts and mahjong carts, unless it is something special (i.e. a Hacker International Mahjong game or something more desirable imo). 

6)  In order to participate, you must have been a member here for at least a month, or have a certain amount of posts (decided upon my personal investigations).

7)  Rules may be tweaked as needed, to make things run smoothly.

The first contest starts... NOW ... so post away!
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

jascony

!! I'd be happy to get in on this holiday spirit!

Edit: My post count is completely sad I'm afraid, though I've been registered and buying here for a couple of years.

fcgamer

December 10, 2013, 12:19:36 am #2 Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:28:09 am by fcgamer
Quote from: jascony on December 10, 2013, 12:15:38 am
!! I'd be happy to get in on this holiday spirit!

Edit: My post count is completely sad I'm afraid, though I've been registered and buying here for a couple of years.

Yup, looks good to me!

Post count thing is just to help discourage people from signing up just to get free things!

Post Merge: December 10, 2013, 12:28:09 am

Hey mate, please send me a message with your name and address.  I'll grab a cart tonight and send it out tomorrow!

jascony

famifan

MaxXimus

Neat contest idea. Too bad we're in opposite parts of the world haha.

Cheetahmen

Sounds good, although if it happens at 8AM GMT everytime I don't think I'm gonna win. :P
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

ventrra

Quote from: fcgamer on December 09, 2013, 11:56:12 pm
5)  I will try not to send sports carts and mahjong carts, unless it is something special (i.e. a Hacker International Mahjong game or something more desirable imo). 

I guess that I probably wouldn't want to participate much then.  I actually like the mahjong games (and pachinko too).  ;D
Well, I'm just kind of weird, anyway.  :)

(No, I'm not joking. I'm happy(ish) that I have a copy of "Professional Mahjong Goku" in  my collection as well as a couple of the Pachio-kun games. I think that they're pretty interesting.)

UglyJoe

Posting! Wait, what week is it? I'm so confused :D

Quote from: ventrra on December 10, 2013, 07:09:04 am
I guess that I probably wouldn't want to participate much then.  I actually like the mahjong games (and pachinko too).  ;D

You're not the only one ;)

P

Post!! lol I don't get when you are supposed to post. Next round starts Monday next week?

Quote from: UglyJoe on December 10, 2013, 07:48:05 am
Quote from: ventrra on December 10, 2013, 07:09:04 am

You're not the only one ;)

Definitely not! :) I don't know many people who can play mahjong, so electronic mahjong is the only way to go for me.

fcgamer

Okay, well next time I will throw in mahjong games as well, due to popular demand!

As for the times I will post, it is all random.  I am a night owl, so I am known to stay up late...

Stay tuned, next week (December 15 - 21) I will post again when another game is available, and remember...

To win, all you need to do is post a response first!

nerdynebraskan

Have you shipped my package yet? If not, you could always add some extra holiday cheer.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

cieniu71

Marshallaw

MaxXimus

If you read the posts you will have your answer. There isn't even one page.  :s