April 19, 2024, 01:34:17 pm

Gameboy Pocket

Started by Gameboypockethelp, January 03, 2014, 03:53:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gameboypockethelp

Hello there gamer! I need someone who knows everything about gameboy pockets to help me out. Any who does know message me at kik at Shadow272 please be serious and please help me out. I have 8 broken gameboy pocket systems and need some help with them. :help:

fredJ

I may be able to help you in the thread, not PM. What is wrong with them?
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

bmotakara

Hi fredJ,

I have a GameBoy Pocket that stopped turning on suddenly. I tried changing the batteries but that hasn't solved the problem, so clearly it is a bigger issue. Any advice on how I can fix it myself? With a little instruction I will be willing to open it up and try.

Thanks!

BMO
BMO

Gameboyle

My first thought is always to check the contacts in the back of the system BMO to make sure old batteries haven't leaked an oxidised the contacts... If it has, you can either use some white wine vinegar on a cotton bud to clean it off, or use some really fine sand paper and lightly go over them.

If that doesn't solve your problem, take it apart and post some pictures... I have to admit I'm not the most technically savvy when it comes to repairing things on the board, but I'm sure there are people much more qualified than myself here who can help!

Retrospectives

Try to get some cheap power adapter that fits into the slot of the power input. Then you can at least check if you get any power at all (IE then it is probably something faulty with the battery compartment. Step 2: If all else fails, use fire...just kidding. What you can do is to grab a multimeter and examine certain points of the motherboard, but I have no idea of your electronical skill so that might be a later option if else fails.

Do you get any power at all? Does the "ON" LED turns on? etc etc. Please provide us with more information and we might be able to help you. Thanks.  :)