March 28, 2024, 11:20:06 pm

"Gangfeng" GB Boy

Started by wholesalewatch648, January 14, 2014, 05:03:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wholesalewatch648

I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

MaxXimus

Ask the seller if there is a tracking number. I have been given one for everything I ever purchased off there.

wholesalewatch648

hmm i am starting to get a little worried, still nothing. i asked for a tracking number and got one, but i type it in and it says invalid tracking number ???
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

MaxXimus

nurd

i just ordered the SP shaped one

i'll take pictures etc when it arrives, haven't heard anything about this one

MaxXimus

Is it for gb or gba?  I want one for myself as well.

nurd

Gameboy color, i think
the shell of the thing doesnt look as nice as the GBC model GB Boy Colour, but the price was right :v

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GS-Game-console-with-backlit-handheld-game-player-16bit-games-classical-games-for-children-KONG-FENG/1169271210.html

L___E___T

Shop name is 'Games Stop'   :D

That is for GBC, yes.  These are other GBC versions:

Really tempted to buy this - looks like a backlit GB with a nice dim screen:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/GS-classic-original-kongfeng-Handheld-game-player-brand-100-new-can-8-bit-classical-games-solid/426976_1330333498.html

If so, this is a genuine alternative to the GB Light, which are getting more expensive and harder to find these days.

- reviews say there's no backlight though and the games run too fast?  Hmmm...

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nurd

Only the color models are backlit, as far as i know.

wholesalewatch648

Update: 3/4/2014
Yesterday I got a package, and inside was the Pokemon game.
I opened it up, and it takes CR2025, and is not soldered, but rather has a cool little slot to slide in the replacement battery
(wish they had done this on OEM GB(C) games, would make it alot easier)
now to get a CR2025 and try this game out.

MaxXimus

Ive never changed a battery on a game before,  haha... I thought that was how they all were lol. Silly me. :V

wholesalewatch648

heres a side by side pic

as you can see the OEM nintendo is soldered on, and the pokemon game has a slot
the nintendo game isn't pokemon, but it can illustrate the basic idea
it is a pain to remove the old battery and solder on a new one..i've only done it once

nurd

March 24, 2014, 01:58:56 pm #72 Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:17:01 pm by nurd
just got it in the mail (the kongfeng gb boy color sp model)

feels kinda cheap, but the screens nice! unfortunately, the battery died a little bit after i opened it. i'll take more pictures later

didnt come with a game unfortunately *n* the ribbon cable is the snap in and out kind like in the gameboy color :v i think the gb boy colour is soldered in, but im not sure. sound is a bit off, very noticeable on the tetris main screen (only game ive tried it with) i have to make a new power adaptor for it still. I'd love to be able to harvest the screen and attach it to a GBC board, but i think thats a little unrealistic.

MaxXimus

Very cool.  How does this hinge feel?

nurd

March 24, 2014, 03:32:01 pm #74 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:48:01 pm by nurd
Kinda cheap, but it works.

It's like the real SP in that it will lock into a position once its opened enough, but its unlike it in that it wont really float anywhere between. it's really an all or nothing type thing. insides a little cleaner than i had expected. once i get it charged i'll make a little video

just noticed theres a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen  >:( cant win em all i guess

Post Merge: March 24, 2014, 05:57:56 pm

the screen has its own little board and is connected by two ribbon cables :v

if i can get a spare gbc i want to see if they can be connected in some way
itd be a great alternative to the frontlight kits for sure

Post Merge: March 26, 2014, 03:48:01 pm

workin on somethin here :v

the cartridge connectors just the right size to fit inside a gameboy color! i'd like to get it to fit in there snugly,
the best thing i can think of short of 100% compatibility from GBBOY screen and GBC board.

if i can get it in there, i'd like to see if anything can be swapped between the two, ideally i'd like it to boot up with the gameboy logo @_@ probably getting way ahead of myself here