What Was Your First Gaming System?

Started by Russam5354, February 21, 2014, 02:55:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nurd

a radioshack tv scoreboard from my grandparents house when i was five or six

zmaster18

Sega Genesis Model 2. Got this when I was 3 with my brother. We only had babyish games like sesame street, toy story, and the like. I barely have any memories of it at all. A year or two later we got the N64 in 1997 with Mario Kart 64, Star Fox 64, and Wave Race 64. I remember Mario Kart the most. I didn't know the proper way to hold the n64 controller at first, so I would grab it by the side handles and try to reach my thumb to the middle where the analog stick was. I couldn't do this myself, so I would sit in my dad's lap and I would hold the button down while he would hold the control stick and steer. Star Fox 64 was hard!! As kids, my brother and I only got to the second level ad never any further. We didn't play it much. I barely have any memories with Wave Race 64. I love and have played the shit out of these 3 games and love them to this day.

After my brother and I got every Nintendo console since and became real gamers! I still remember the first time we played Super Smash Bros. Melee on the Gamecube and the intro movie blew us away.... We had never seen such impressive cgi on a game before, coming straight from the N64 era!

It's funny how today there is little difference in the current era of gaming! A PS3 to me looks almost the same as PS4. Same with Xbox. The only real difference is Wii to Wii U, and that technology is a generation late.

RC

My first was a second hand NES along with Rush'n Attack in the early '90s. I remember the whole family gathering round as it was plugged in for the first time (my parents weren't technologically inclined). The very fist thing that happened was the game glitching out with graphical errors everywhere. Naturally my dad blamed us kids  :D We didn't upgrade until years later after the PS1 had been out for a few years.

Profeta Yoshitake

My first was Phillips Odyssey. (the Brazilian version of Magnavox Odyssey 2)
I can say easily that the day my father plugged the Odyssey into the TV the first time was the best day of my childhood.
Xmas, 1984.
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

modeltfordman

April 10, 2014, 07:58:48 am #19 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:21:07 am by modeltfordman
My first game console was the NES. My brother and I got it for Christmas 88 or 89 I think. We got the Power set version that came with the power pad (Still have it in the box). I was 4 or 5 when we got the NES. I remember my dad hooking it up to our TV and something was not quite right. We put in Super Mario Bros. and Mario was split in half. You saw  Mario from the waist down running across the screen. Dad messed with the NES a little and it fired up right the next time. It was on from there; hours of non stop Mario mayhem. I also remember getting Super Mario Bros 3 at KB Toys spring of 1990(Still have it in the box). My mom wouldn't let us play it until my brother and I did our home work.

Next came the genesis model 2 for Christmas 94(Really wanted a SNES). Then PSX in 97 . N64 in 97 (The atomic purple controller edition for 149.99).PS2 in 2000. 2001 XBOX.2002 GCN.2006 PS3,2007 Xbox 360 and Wii. 2012 WiiU. 2013 PS4 and Xbox one.

DerZocker

My first console was my sister's VCS somewhere around '91. Later I got a Game Gear for christmas in '93 iirc and in '94 i finally got my SNES (More-Fun-Set with SGB) for birthday and a GB set for christmas. 1995 I got my MultiMega (i was so fascinated by the MCD), '97 the N64 and in '99 the DC.
Well that's basically my whole 90s console history^^
Though I always loved to play on the display NES and MegaDrives in stores back then

security16

An atari 2600 I still have some of the original game carts from when we were kids