Show Your Stash!: Classic Portables (Game & Watch, Gameboy, GBC, GBA) Edition!

Started by Russam5354, February 26, 2014, 06:59:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nurd

you put the game in it (its the same case as a gameshark) and you're brought to a menu, where you can back up or restore saves. i'm not sure how many it can store, but i've got a few pokemon saves in it, you can name em and everything.

its cool if you wanna replace your games battery as a preventative measure or trade saves with a friend.

i got the pokemon games through ebay and from a local game store :v

MaxXimus

Nice pokemon diamonds. I am looking for one myself. My jade looks a bit different to yours.

wholesalewatch648

I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

MaxXimus

They randomly pop up on ebay every so often. I remember 10 or so years ago, the diamond rom was ripped but not the jade rom which was apparently harder to find.  Now it seems to be the opposite.  I've only ever seen a few diamonds on ebay. When jade or diamond do pop up, they always go for over $30. I payed $35 for mine.

Everything in my collection is always for trade just so you know. I'm always looking for new cool things.

Russam5354

I'll see about trading you sometime. I like bootlegs, pirates, and hacks. Just as long as they're working, cheap enough, and worth having. A completely broken game from a tiny Taiwanese company isn't worth it.
あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.

MaxXimus

If you want your games to load up every time without any hastle, bootlegs aren't for you. Most of my bootlegs work without a hitch, but a few need to be lifted up or tilted alightly to the left or right to load up. It's the name of the game.  :p

My jade works perfectly, less the known glitches with diamond and jade.

Russam5354

I want to get a game that AT LEAST works sometimes. I don't want to buy a piece of shit game that ABSOLUTELY  NEVER-EVER WORKS. That is also why I'll only buy/trade with/from trusted FW Forum members like you.
あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.

L___E___T

Nice to see these pics, I love handheld gaming probably more than console gaming - I like the bursts of gameplay and the convenience of it all.

Here are some things from my handheld collection.  I do have some nicer bits like a full Famicom Mini unused triple set, a new Ltd. Ed Famicom GBA, and other gameboys but they're packaged up so I can't take photos of those.

So this is mostly stuff I play with and use, so I have it nearby but it was a pain in the ass to go through and arrange for photos then put back in boxes.

The bright blue DMG-01 is a backlight mod with black buttons all round.  I used to play that exclusively but the GB Light is much better - smaller, crisper and the light is the right brightness for playing at night.
I have two GBA Micros as one is for the Player 2 faceplate I have stored away somewhere, I couldn't find it.
The wrapped Gameboy boxed is brand new.  I'm still after a grey JP version brand new if I can find a sensibly priced one.
The wooden 'TravelBoy' on the right is a gift from Taiwan from my lady, I love it.
The blue GBA SP is a solar charger that connects to two gameboys.
The odd shaped cart lower right is a movie player.  Above that is an original GBA charge battery pack I picked up.
Near to those are an official GB flashcart for use by developers, plus the Frag 'n' Derp flashcart.
Other flashcarts up in the top left and two Smart Cards nect to the CIB Picross.
The black tall cart nearby is a cleaning cart.  I got it as I thought it looked unusual.
I can't remember what's on all the Nintendo Player white carts.  I have a brand new one of those somewhere as well.
The two GBA SPs in the lower left are what I use mainly when I'm travelling as they're a bit beat up.
Playing through Dragon Quest 2 at the moment (at Moonbrook Castle) and will jump onto DQ3 after that.
I have some brand new Game & Watch games that aren't here as well.  The ones in this photo are like new, but do get used every now and then.  Not sure where my Zelda got to but that's my favourite of those.

The stuff in the Gameboy carry case and a few other bits I found:

The Rockman black cart is a multicart with all the Rockman games on.  I have a spare case of it.
Lots of other GB and GBC multicarts here, I went through a phase of those.
The photo isn't very clear, but here are pretty much all of the GB games I have sought out to play.  I went through a really bug phase of buying lots of loose carts and systems.  I hope to mod most of these systems.

Some other stuff I found while sorting through everything:

The Black box in bubble tape is a brand new black JP version DMG-01.  I have all the colours of the DMG-01 mint, but they're not all shown here.  
Plan to mod the GBC when a decent backlight kit arrives, or I might case mod it with a GB Boy, which can be done.
Only a few GBA games here as some other brand new CIBs are packed away and I have the EZ Flash IV.
Got a whole bunch of minty GB CIBs too but they're not shown here, they're all packaged away I don't really intend to play with those if I can help it.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

mickey1332

the mega memory cards are awesome! saved my pokemon files!my files once got currupted bout about a week before i saved them on the memory card and sure enough i restored them and they had my saved me file again! i have 1 in box but the box is pretty beat up

L___E___T

I have one of those memory carts somewhere, never used it though as I never got into Pokémon.  All this twitch hilarity is making me want to though - which is the best version to play of the original black and whites?  Then which is the best of the GBA games?  I might start with Yellow and then try and play Gold, if I'm getting that right.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

mickey1332

Quote from: L___E___T on March 01, 2014, 01:08:17 pm
I have one of those memory carts somewhere, never used it though as I never got into Pokémon.  All this twitch hilarity is making me want to though - which is the best version to play of the original black and whites?  Then which is the best of the GBA games?  I might start with Yellow and then try and play Gold, if I'm getting that right.

how did you not get into pokemon! thats pretty weird if you ask me. here is some of my gameboy stash(neogeo snuck in there) http://imgur.com/a/sTzDn

wholesalewatch648

LET,those consoles and software/hardware are beautiful. I used to have a CIB Game Boy i got at a garage sale for $3 but sold it. i still regret doing that.
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

MaxXimus

Wow L__E__T. Very nice handheld collection. I will take a picture of my gameboy stuff later.

Russam5354

Damn, that's a huge collection!  I like those Famicom GBA Micros, the CIB Gameboy, and CIB GBA Micro. I also like the SML2 case, GB Light, and GBA SPs. Hell, I like the whole collection.
あなたはイースターエッグを発見!

mickey1332