Oh eBay (since when were Sachen games illegal?)

Started by fcgamer, March 06, 2014, 08:21:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

P

They just decided to ban you because it's the easiest thing to do, since they have no clue about the subject. What a bunch of clueless dorks.

Quote from: fcgamer on March 17, 2014, 09:47:58 pm
Okay, now I am a bit clueless again.  Am I being chastised and punished for messaging eBay about having my account reinstated in the video games category?  Or am I missing something here? 

No I think it's the same ban as before, they just say that they won't change their mind. They have looked at your account history and probably found out that you had sold more "unlicensed games" (although licensing doesn't make sense for a game system that doesn't even have it's patent in effect anymore) before. The "document" you sent is just your complaint letter (I guess they just send standard pre-answered mails that's close enough).

L___E___T

Time to flag all Sachen auction then.  Rightio..
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

nurd

Ebays getting worse and worse, I'm starting to wonder if there is a better alternative.

Zero seller protection, if a buyer isn't happy, they freeze your paypal account.

I just sold a PERFECT NES, the buyer doesnt know how to use it and claims it's broken  :crazy:

Now I have to try and make this idiot happy.

He's already left negative feedback and filed a case against me (rather than message me with the problem from the start?) so there's really nothing to gain from this at all.

ericj

Sorry to hear that, nurd. I think some people's expectation is that old electronics should work as easily and well as new stuff today does. Hopefully it gets sorted out and you're not out your NES and your money.

MaxXimus

Agreed.did you state your return policy in the ad? Or does ebay even care about that. The NES is ~30 years old. Its not going to be perfect. I have a NES that I find works awesome, and I still have to play with it a bit sometimes to get games to load. Hell I had to do that when the system was still relatively new. Good luck!

MarioMania

Quote from: nurd on April 05, 2014, 10:26:43 am
Ebays getting worse and worse, I'm starting to wonder if there is a better alternative.

Zero seller protection, if a buyer isn't happy, they freeze your paypal account.

I just sold a PERFECT NES, the buyer doesnt know how to use it and claims it's broken  :crazy:

Now I have to try and make this idiot happy.

He's already left negative feedback and filed a case against me (rather than message me with the problem from the start?) so there's really nothing to gain from this at all.

I wish I could punch stupid buyers in the face

nerdynebraskan

I don't honestly think I'd ever sell anything on Ebay. The buyer protections there are great, and they are needed because there are still jerk sellers taking advantage of people there. But it's also become a site where buyers can scam sellers, and usually get away with it easily.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

nurd

He's just being an ass at this point, basically holding the NES hostage ?_?

i've reported him for misuse of buyer protection, i hope ebay takes my side on this issue (unlikely)

L___E___T

Surely it's money back when you get the NES back?
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nurd

Im assuming if/when i receive the NES, there will be damage done to it. This isn't a smart man, and i feel like he's ended up ruining it, whether intentional or not.

L___E___T

If that's the case - flag it with eBay, don't give up and let him/her get off scot free.  It could be his way of 'replacing' a dodgy one he bought previously even, who knows.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。