Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2017, 03:04:12 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Technical & Repair Assistance (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Glitchy sprites on FDS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Glitchy sprites on FDS  (Read 25677 times)
zmaster18
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2017, 08:29:46 PM »

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/20PCS-Thick-Film-Network-Resistor-SIP9-4k7-4-7K-Ohm-NEW-Array-Resistor-/351588185762?hash=item51dc49f6a2:g:xjAAAOSwHQ9WVWJ4

^ These were the exact ones I have. If you're in a hurry to buy them, I can sell them to you and have them shipped to you faster for cheap.
zmaster18
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2017, 03:34:50 PM »

Hey everyone, I'd just like to confirm that the revision of RAM adapter FMR-02 also has the glitchy sprite problem. The board looks just like a FMR-03.

I also got a second RAM adapter that doesn't boot the game after it loads and stays stuck on a black screen. I have no idea what to do with them, but my guess is that their RAM chips might be bad? If anyone wants to take a look at it, for science's sake, let me know.
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2017, 05:51:04 PM »

The resistor array fix doesn't do anything for it?

zmaster18
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2017, 01:17:48 AM »

I haven't tried it on the non-booting RAM adapter, it just seems like a different problem altogether.
Whiteboy
Famiclone

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2017, 11:57:27 AM »

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let people know that I have now also done the resistor array fix for my version 3 RAM adapter. Thanks to zmaster18 for posting it to me!

This was my first time ever soldering. Many near-misses and almost burnt my hand... I don't recommend doing this after having a cider...

Anyway, the pics might look a bit messy but I did clean the connections up a bit afterward. When I tested it, at first nothing had happened and the glitch sprites were still there. I was just glad the thing was still operational.
But then I re-soldered a connection that I guessed wasn't that well made, tested it again, and now it works fantastically with all my games! Works with FDS Stick too. One happy gamer here Grin If I can do this with no experience and slightly intoxicated, just about anyone can  Wink

I'll post an update when I get my AVS NES and original Famicom. Right now all I have is a Japanese A/V Famicom.
pikasurf
Famiclone

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2017, 07:14:24 AM »

Sorry for digging this up from the grave.

This is more of an informational post

I am having this problem on my NES front loader. The following values all have shown visual improvement (I don't have O scope). In all cases I am using a resistor array on a -04 ram board. My test condition is the second level of Castlevania, both on a disk and the FDSstick.

Update 11/21: Tested on a second NES (1st unit is a -08 NES second is a -11), No Change
Tested 10k, no change
Still waiting on the smooth ram adaptor, and I forgot to order a 3.1k. I have a Hi Def NES I need to install, I might install and see if there is a change.

Update 11/27: Hi-Def NES fixed it, however I had the game "crash" in a complete glitch. Could not get the FDStick to work either (audio only, no video). Worked with an actual FDS. Need more time to play around.

Update 12/03: I've bought way too much Nintendo stuff. Glitchy ram adaptor is working on the Hi-Def NES as long as I am using a FDS, not FDSstick. I suspect a power issue. Glitch Ram adaptor is working on a Top Loading NES, and an RetroUSB AVS. My smooth ram adaptor is currently MIA. I may or may not update this post again

i have a hi-def modded av famicom and 2 rev-03 ram adapters. in composite mode: everything plays fine but i get glitchy sprites with both the fdsstick and a real fds, on both adapters. in hdmi mode: everything crashes, including the real fds on both adapters
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: