Memoirs of a Virtual Caveman: AVAILABLE NOW!

Started by Dire 51, May 07, 2014, 01:15:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire 51

July 27, 2014, 10:24:43 am #15 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:22:16 pm by Dire 51
Quote from: tappybot on July 26, 2014, 08:05:57 am
Read the Gradius III sample chapter.
Very exciting!

I'm hurting financially now, but I'll definitely pick up this book in the future.
I'll be getting the paperback. Much like games, if I can't hold it, I don't want it.

Thanks! It'll be out there, so pick it up whenever you're able. :) Glad you liked what you've read so far.

There actually seems to be a lot of people wanting an eBook, so I'm working on it now. But I have to tell you, I'm with you: if I can't hold it, I don't want it.

Post Merge: July 28, 2014, 05:22:16 pm

The eBook edition of Memoirs of a Virtual Caveman is out! It's $8.99, should work on most eBook readers, and is available right now! 

http://www.memoirsofavirtualcaveman.net/what-s-inside.html

Dire 51

You can now listen to an interview with me on Retro Domination's podcast, episode 52: "Retro Revival and a Virtual Caveman." And in honor of my first-ever podcast interview, Memoirs is on sale for the next two weeks for the low price of $17.50! Get it here.

UglyJoe

Ooh, can't pass up a good deal.  Finally picking this up :D

(also found a coupon code for 25% off, MATEY25, so it was basically free shipping)

Dire 51

Quote from: UglyJoe on September 20, 2014, 08:04:11 pm
Ooh, can't pass up a good deal.  Finally picking this up :D

(also found a coupon code for 25% off, MATEY25, so it was basically free shipping)

Excellent! I hope you enjoy it.  ;D

schnuth

I read through this while on vacation a couple weeks ago. Great book, and I've been reading 'Tron and Robotron ' thanks to you mentioning it. I love these sorts of stories. It always surprises me how close my gaming experiences mirrored those of others.

If you've been sitting on the fence, get on it and order the book already. It's packed with so much content you get more then your money's worth. I couldn't put it down. Buy, buy buy!! :P

Dire 51

Thanks schnuth! I'm glad you enjoyed it (and thanks for the stellar recommendation)! Mind if I quote you on the site, in the Press section?

On the same subject, have you read Commodork yet?

Oh, and as it turns out, for anyone still interested, that MATEY25 code is still good through tomorrow.

schnuth

Quote away. :) I read Commodork years ago and it's a great book too. My parents were paranoid of doing anything out of the ordinary with our phone line, so I didn't get to experience BBSs until the early 90s. I'm also a fan of Rob's various podcasts too. Great stuff.

Aaron

Dire 51

Quote from: schnuth on September 24, 2014, 01:15:57 am
Quote away. :)

Done. Thanks!

QuoteI read Commodork years ago and it's a great book too. My parents were paranoid of doing anything out of the ordinary with our phone line, so I didn't get to experience BBSs until the early 90s. I'm also a fan of Rob's various podcasts too. Great stuff.

Agreed completely. It amazes me that he's able to consistently put out such fantastic work.

Dire 51

If anyone's interested, I've extended the Cyber Monday sale through next Saturday! You can now get 2014's edition of Memoirs at 2008's price: $15!

http://www.lulu.com/shop/rob-strangman/memoirs-of-a-virtual-caveman/paperback/product-21760957.html

Dire 51

Anyone going to Pensacon? I'll be co-chairing a panel with Memoirs contributor (and former Light Sword Cypher Mainframe webmaster) Sam Roberts entitled "Memoirs of the Virtual Cavemen: Fandom from Web 1.0 to Today" on Saturday, February 28 from 3:15 pm to 4:00 pm at the Bay Center. Hope to you there! If you can't make it, we intend to film it, and the whole video will be uploaded to the official (and as of right now, sadly underused) Memoirs YouTube channel.

Oh, and the sale I mentioned in my last post in this thread? It's back on for the occasion.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/rob-strangman/memoirs-of-a-virtual-caveman/paperback/product-21760957.html

Dire 51

So you missed the "Memoirs of the Virtual Cavemen" panel at Pensacon last weekend, where Sam and I talk about the history of West Mansion, The Light Sword Cypher Mainframe and more? Don't worry, I have you covered: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2nXAp_1ycU