Interest Check: Monster Party Beta Reproductions

Started by BeaglePuss, May 11, 2014, 03:19:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

P

No one is jumping on anyone. I'm just uttering my opinion in this discussion. No need to feel offended by a little critics.

fcgamer

Quote from: P on May 18, 2014, 04:40:07 pm
No one is jumping on anyone. I'm just uttering my opinion in this discussion. No need to feel offended by a little critics.

Okay, you're right then.  I am just surprised that you didn't utter your opinions concerning those other items then, and only this one.   ::)

Anything from modern reproductions to bootleg carts from back in the day, to hacks, to label and case swaps are not authentic, though (imo) there are varying levels within the spectrum, of what would and wouldn't be accepted.  I am just surprised why this one is getting so much negative press from a certain few, yet the (truly) confusing stuff (i.e. that Doki Doki Panic on cart with box / manual) nothing is ever said about.  I personally don't like or feel comfortable with those carts (because unofficially, they were still ported to the Famicom back in the day by bootleggers), but most people say nothing about it.  When this sort of thing has been going on for years, I am just surprised that people are getting up in arms about it now, especially for a game that wasn't released in Japan in any form. 

Wait...do you guys have prototype copies of this game in the closet  ;)

Post Merge: May 18, 2014, 06:37:08 pm

Edit:  And also I want to add that I am not trying to disrespect or belittle you guys in anyway with my previous post; I am just surprised and would like to try to see the rationale behind it.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

80sFREAK

May 19, 2014, 05:01:14 am #47 Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:15:31 am by 80sFREAK
Quote from: L___E___T on May 17, 2014, 05:28:03 am
I probably wouldn't buy one if it said 'reproduction' on the label, it's like having a big fat 'FAKE' tag on.  It obviously isn't an original release, so why does it need to be there?  I wouldn't buy any other repro that had that written on the label.
It's fake anyway, so why bother?  :P
Quote from: fcgamer on May 18, 2014, 07:01:31 am
Funny how you guys don't jump on this guy's case at all:

http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9965.0

And I never hear diddly squat over the hacks and stuff posted here with souped up artwork and case designs, looking like legitimate Famicom releases.  Why the big deal suddenly on this title?

Done  :P
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

L___E___T

To answer your question - I get repros made because I cannot get the real example.  Especially true when there is no real example...  I know they're fake, but I like to pretend otherwise.  It's only superficial of course, but so is all nostalgia.

Really glad this is happening and really glad there are repros generally, they all have their place.  If something annoys you a bit but other people really enjoy it (and it's not hurting anyone) - best to let it slide as you certainly can't prevent it.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

Yes as I said don't make such a big thing of a little uttering of someone's opinion. I'm not gonna utter my opinion on every little post of some repro someone are selling. I just happened to join this discussion and uttered my opinion and that's it. I don't have any interest in ruining BeaglePuss' business, nor do I have very strong opinions about this subject or whatever, I just say what I would do if I made a repro like that (I even label FDS sleaves that I printed myself with "repro" on the inside where it's not visible). I'm sorry if I sounded harsher than I meant to.

I can't speak for 80sFREAK though. He isn't exactly known to be smooth with his words.

BeaglePuss

Quote from: P on May 19, 2014, 02:31:40 pm
Yes as I said don't make such a big thing of a little uttering of someone's opinion. I'm not gonna utter my opinion on every little post of some repro someone are selling. I just happened to join this discussion and uttered my opinion and that's it. I don't have any interest in ruining BeaglePuss' business, nor do I have very strong opinions about this subject or whatever, I just say what I would do if I made a repro like that (I even label FDS sleaves that I printed myself with "repro" on the inside where it's not visible). I'm sorry if I sounded harsher than I meant to.

I can't speak for 80sFREAK though. He isn't exactly known to be smooth with his words.

You didn't come off as harsh to me.  I appreciate your input and I'm always interested I hearing other's opinions on the matter.  I have a certain way that I do things, and I feel as though it's the best way to go about it.  That doesn't make your opinion any less valid, just different from my own.

I have a feeling 80's is likely feeling a bit jealous above everything else, and I can't say that I blame him.  He works hard on his little wares and doesn't get much attention or notoriety from them.  I come along and drum up a great deal of interest with very little work.  It's natural to wish failure upon others when your own success has been so limited.

nurd

wholesalewatch648

I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

P

Quote from: BeaglePuss on May 19, 2014, 02:48:15 pm

You didn't come off as harsh to me.  I appreciate your input and I'm always interested I hearing other's opinions on the matter.  I have a certain way that I do things, and I feel as though it's the best way to go about it.  That doesn't make your opinion any less valid, just different from my own.

That's fine, looks like you understands me.

BeaglePuss

Quote from: wholesalewatch648 on May 19, 2014, 08:51:27 pm
would be interested at $50.00 price point

Due to the initial overhead/investment in the project, I have to stay firm at $85.  With that said, there will be a flood of repro makers once the rom  is released.  Those reproductions will likely be far less expensive, so you might want to hold off for a bit.

tappybot

I'll buy it either way, but I'm for the 'repro' branding, just for historical purposes. Either that or put 'reprinted in 2014' or some such thing.

Genuine games have all that information printed for them, I think it'd feel cheap if similar quality wasn't attempted.

But anyway... Before Christmas??? How exciting!!..   I haven't been lurking much lately, but I really don't want to miss this. I'll stop it when I remember to, for sure, but as soon as there's a preorder list, I'd love to be put on it!

fcgamer

Quote from: tappybot on May 29, 2014, 11:39:17 am
I'll buy it either way, but I'm for the 'repro' branding, just for historical purposes. Either that or put 'reprinted in 2014' or some such thing.

Genuine games have all that information printed for them, I think it'd feel cheap if similar quality wasn't attempted.

But anyway... Before Christmas??? How exciting!!..   I haven't been lurking much lately, but I really don't want to miss this. I'll stop it when I remember to, for sure, but as soon as there's a preorder list, I'd love to be put on it!

How can it be a reprint when it wasn't made to begin with?
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

L___E___T

Exactly, it's not even a reproduction in that sense either, it's just, well, a production.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

BeaglePuss

The official, unofficial name for the release will be:
Monster Party: Parody World presented by, but unaffiliated with Bandai of Japan (manufactured in China), 25th anniversary (re)production Beta, officially unlicensed by Nintendo

Thoughts?