Looking to organize my collection.. Anyone have a good excel template?

Started by tappybot, July 03, 2014, 09:47:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tappybot

Hey folks,

I could really use some organization among my collection of various games on various platforms, let alone a complicated famicom library.

I started an excel sheet a while back where I simply listed under alphabetical columns the games I've acquired, but that's a bit dated and poorly organized.

I'm not the excel wizard anyone probably can be...  and I figured there are probably some great organizational templates out there for game collections. 
If so, can anyone share with me?

If not excel, how do you organize your game library?

Thanks, pals.   :gamer:

Profeta Yoshitake

Man, I tried the excel approach and just forgot it. At least three times.
The organization that most satisfied me was Backloggery.com.
It's plain simple and allows community stuff like comments and personal messages.
The site also saves your game play status, that is my most beloved part.
But if you want to upload pics or discriminate which game is loose, boxed, complete and the like, forget it.

My games are here.
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

tappybot

Thanks Prof,

I tried out VGCollect, which seems functional enough, but ended up going with excel's 'book collection list' template, and edited the columns.
Works pretty well, though still considering one of the flashier websites for the social functions.

Nice collection!

FamicomRetroGamer

I sent you it through PM to give you an idea of what my collection that I organised on Excel looks like, and that's pretty much the ideal way for me to do it.