Controller repair advice

Started by Bob-Bob, July 05, 2014, 12:56:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob-Bob

I'm looking to replace the rubber button pads in my Famicom controllers, and I've already read that most people use Controller 2 or a broken system as their "organ" donors.

But obviously one can't keep that up forever, as eventually we'll run out of Famicoms to scavenge.

I've read that there are many a good clone system out there with nice rubber pads in their controllers, perfect for use as donors. Can anybody verify this for me? Any recommendations on which clones have the best control pads?

P

Quote from: Bob-Bob on July 05, 2014, 12:56:02 pm
I've already read that most people use Controller 2 or a broken system as their "organ" donors.

Are people really sourcing Controller 2s for their rubber pads? Even Controller 1s are better to use for that and save Controller 2s for Controller 2 replacement. But it's best to use NES controllers (there's tons of them) or NOS replacement rubber parts if you can find some.

Sorry I don't know what clones can be used.

Bob-Bob

NOS? What's "NOS"?

I'm aware that NES controller parts can be used, but I found a thread on here from a long time ago asking a similar question and somebody there said that the Famicom's rubber pads are slightly larger than the NES's pads. I wanted my controllers to be in tip-top shape.  :-[

kiwidaveinjapan

If you want some spare rubber pads in good condition, i have a stack of them here.
PM me and I'd be happy to ship you them.

P

NOS is New Old Stock, in other words spare parts that Nintendo produced but never used.