400 in 1 Famicom Cart No Repeat $12 free shipping

Started by jamespoo, July 09, 2014, 06:42:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DDCecil

Quote from: Megami on August 14, 2014, 03:00:53 pm
Quote from: DDCecil on August 14, 2014, 02:05:15 pm
Yep, pushing around in that area made the lines go away!

So, what's a good item to use to make the incision? A butter knife?

x-acto knife if you have one, scissors if you're desperate

Cool, it's now works perfect! Thanks!

Lord-Raziel

On what console have you tested? in my AV famicom mines (I have 2 cartridges) work perfectly, no glitches, however in my USA NES when using a 60 to 72 converter there are glitches only in some games like Bucky o Hare, Mighty Final Fight, I assumed was my converter fault. Has anyone installed the mentioned diode there? or just cutting the line?

DDCecil

August 14, 2014, 09:02:33 pm #32 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:32:51 am by DDCecil
I just cut the line, and the games you've mentioned work just fine (I didn't play too far into them). The only ones I had problems with was 1942 (as AlexRus mentions in his blog post) and Jackpot, which froze on me after pressing B during the game.

This was tried on both my U.S. NES Top-loader and U.S. NES Front-loader with a converter from Gyromite. (using RF module on both)

I also used a Game Genie with it and it works great (at least the ssassa code for the #96 SMB1).

Also, Chip and Dale 3, the Heavy Barrel hack, will freeze after a minute into the first level and bring up a 5 in 1 menu (which no matter what you choose from it, goes back to its title screen). - Strange... it works fine now.

New problem (Aug 22): The Status bar of Spartan X has wrong palette, and the Japanese symbols glitch kind of like, say, the mirroring of Super Mary. Good thing I have an official cart of it, though  :)

nerdynebraskan

Mine also freezes on Jackpot after hitting the B button, and I've noticed minor graphics glitches (those stray lines) on several games. Overall, not too bad.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

recursive

Thank you for the tip on the trace. Got this cart recently and was freezing with a Gyromite adapter.

jpx72

Quote from: jpx72 on July 26, 2014, 10:24:03 pm
Just ordered, I'm really curious when it arrives.
There was no Paypal option btw...

Mine arrived on wednesday. Works great on my handheld clone, haven't tested in real famicom yet.

Lord-Raziel

August 22, 2014, 11:31:10 pm #36 Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:21:47 am by Lord-Raziel
I'm still having the glitches on my US Nes :(, my cart is different than the posted, which line should cut here, any idea?

Post Merge: August 23, 2014, 12:21:47 am

I cut in the little rectangle in the upper left of where D2 and D3 are marked for being installed and now I see nothing in my nes, no video, not much problem since I can solder there, but any idea which diodes should I install there?

schnuth

Thanks for posting about this OP! It's been awhile since I stopped by, but I jumped on one of these for $7.XX shipped. Just got it and it works great on my AV Famicom. It's definitely going to be fun going through this cart. :D

DDCecil

September 08, 2014, 11:54:44 am #38 Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:57:10 pm by DDCecil
One thing to note:

If you are playing Batman, it seems to be the U.S. second beta release version, which means if you run out of weapon power, you can't return to punch unless you get to the next level or lose a life.

Bonus: You can skip levels using A or freeze the game by pressing down on controller 2!

DDCecil

Looks like there's a new version of the cart available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3g8yelR7gc

Kick Master! Solbrain! Snow Bros!

If anyone knows where to get it and if it works on real hardware, let me know!

Lord-Raziel

Ahh that new one has better games!, I asked in the youtube post about where to get it ;)

MarioMania

Seems playing fast

I would also know also where to get it

DDCecil

Cool, KizunaBlade now has a link to Taobao in the video, but I also found this one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/lot-Game-classic-FC-NES-game-card-game-198-cards-a-lot-of-fun-together-1/1586472886.html

Sure it's only 198 in 1, but has most of the games in the video (and the Nice Code stuff is in the middle of the cart). I'll wait for part 2 of KizunaBlade's video before I decide which to get.

smeghead

Quote from: DDCecil on September 25, 2014, 06:56:30 pm
Looks like there's a new version of the cart available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3g8yelR7gc

Kick Master! Solbrain! Snow Bros!

If anyone knows where to get it and if it works on real hardware, let me know!

It looks awesome, i would love to have it too... i'm so sad it's on chineese and don't know how to register!   :(

DDCecil

I recently did a 23-part "Let's Play" of the 400 in 1 (the old one, not the one in KizunaBlade's video):

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWbzOlfsUqeGHzI9vebd5AzOJPwYrema0

I really hate the sound of my voice... and the final video gets really weird.