March 29, 2024, 01:54:26 am

Nintendo games and eBay

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, July 11, 2014, 03:35:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomRetroGamer

What do these two have in common? God damned hiked up prices!

I for example am a collector and as such I would like to buy Super Smash Bros. 64 though all the prices that appear on eBay cost just as much as a brand new factory sealed game, and keep in mind that SSB64 would be the cartridge only without anything else so that's kind of a rip-off.

I've not bought any Nintendo games from eBay due to the sellers and prices usually being somewhat unreasonable so for sometime now all my Nintendo games have been Wii U releases, meaning that I've put the others on hold for unknown time. I do however use it for anime-type stuff so it has its usefulness.

I wish there was a flea market around which had people selling their old Nintendo games but nope, unfortunately that's not possible where I live or know where they usually turn up.

tappybot

I was at a flea market a week or so ago..

There were a couple stands around with some stuff, but one in particular had various things from various systems, hiked up prices, and get this, had his kid goign around ot the other vendors, buying their cheap stuff, and having him bring them back to sell at a higher price.  I saw the deal go down.

Anyway, this guy was selling a cart only Smash Bros 64, 50 bucks..  The label was almost completely torn off and what was left was a faded mess.

What a joke.

There's a market, but it seems like the majority of people selling these games are looking to take advantage of someone.

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: tappybot on July 11, 2014, 03:44:24 pm
I was at a flea market a week or so ago..

There were a couple stands around with some stuff, but one in particular had various things from various systems, hiked up prices, and get this, had his kid goign around ot the other vendors, buying their cheap stuff, and having him bring them back to sell at a higher price.  I saw the deal go down.

Anyway, this guy was selling a cart only Smash Bros 64, 50 bucks..  The label was almost completely torn off and what was left was a faded mess.

What a joke.

There's a market, but it seems like the majority of people selling these games are looking to take advantage of someone.

That's exactly what happens when Pat the NES Punk goes to Flea Markets, you've got the Resellers and then they try to take advantage of honest sellers by getting it for cheap then reselling for high prices.

Jeez, the Resellers should just stick to eBay and Amazon and leave the rest alone because no one in their right mind would buy from them, unless they'd want to play that certain game today for whatever the cost would be.

L___E___T

You're in England aren't you?  What's your budget for SSB64?  I'll see if I can find you something cheaper.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: L___E___T on July 12, 2014, 01:34:36 am
You're in England aren't you?  What's your budget for SSB64?  I'll see if I can find you something cheaper.

I'd be willing to spend £15-20 even though I wouldn't end up playing it right now because I'm missing the 64's power brick that connects to its back.