Help me find the right cables!!!

Started by zmaster18, July 14, 2014, 07:32:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zmaster18

So a little while ago I purchased 10x 3.5mm jack to White/Yellow Composite cables from the crappy website Airyear.com. Unfortunately, when I received the package all I got were ten 3.5mm White/Red cables...Not what I paid $25 for. >:( When I tried for the past 3 weeks to get a refund, the site is down and can't be loaded. Great... just got ripped off.

The 3.5mm female jacks I use for my AV famicom mods are 3pin (ground, video, and audio). I've used 4 pin female jacks for AV mods before, but the jacks are very small and don't look very professional when I install them, which is why I don't use them anymore. I also used 3.5mm to red/white/yellow, which are really common and I still have plenty of.

It's very difficult to find the yellow/white only cables nowadays. Maybe if it's too difficult to find them I will go back to my old design with the tiny jack that doesn't even cover the empty hole where the Famicom's RF jack used to be before I cut it.

So my question is, where do I find the specified cable I need? I used to be able to get them, but lately I can't. Also, If anyone could recommend me a big female jack that is 4 pin/pole that looks good, I would appreciate it. As long as the website ships to Canada I'm good!

I can also take pics of what my current AV Famicom mod looks like later today if you need to picture it. It's also available for sale (with AC adapter, nice white condition) if you don't mind using the red/white composite cable, which still works fine btw.

thepandaofnom

I Would say since you are using standard cable connectors that you can make a cable for only a few bucks. most the parts are available on eBay or at a radioshack/future shop. Also when you get cables that are 3.5 mm they are stereotypical used for audio equipment. If you have hooked everything up in the famicom right then ether red or white is the audio and vice versa. Also is it just an aesthetic reson you use the 3.5 mm jack over regular rca jacks or is it cheaper with the 3.5 mm. Whenever I mod video outs i use rca jacks just cause as you are finding the cables are way more plentiful and not to much more work to get them in. I will keep an eye out for you and let you know if i happen across the cable you are looking for.

zmaster18

I use the 3.5mm jack for aesthetic reasons. This way, I don't have to make a single cut in the Famicom's plastic casing and just use the RF out hole.

I think I have found a suitable female jack though. It is a 6 pin/terminal jack, however I think it is really just a 3 pin jack with switches. Now I can use my red/white/yellow rca to 3.5mm jack cables with this female jack!

here's what it looks like:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-Pcs-6-Pin-Vertical-PCB-Mounting-3-5mm-Earphone-Jack-Socket-Pink-/321230126043?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item4acacebbdb

MarioMania

Do take pics

Have you tried monoprice.com for Cables, They are cheap, Don't know if they ship to Canada