March 28, 2024, 01:20:50 am

Facebook?

Started by manuel, February 10, 2009, 06:20:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

Quote from: smeghead on October 06, 2014, 07:04:23 am
People from here (FamicomWorld), i consider good friends, because i have no such good friends where i'm from. That is why i am asking for advice.
So it's about girl and about facebook! It was 2008. and then while i was going to college, i had to go for practical training (in the library). There a lady librarian
asked if i want to participate in the colony of young people in one village (where they gather annually ( pupils, students and other young artists, poets ...)
and i agreed. But at that time i consumed marijuana and in large quantities .... To come to the point of it all ... At the colony i met a lot of people, including one
young girl who was then 14 years old, and I was 21. She just went to art school and learned to play the bass guitar, it was just great to me, like no one before.
We talked about everything and music, we were sitting on the lawn, i played guitar, and so, we planned to start a band. I wrote down her phone number and came home.
I wish i was smarter ... but i was a fool, and continued to smoke more weed, and because, one day, while i went with a bag of grass through the street police came, searched me
and of course found my banned substance! I had to go to court and for punishment i got - healing of marijuana, and if  the law was such as now - i would have to go to jail.
And then i got a message on my cell phone from that girl who asked me for her to come to me to play and to record some songs, but I had to go to the hospital, and my dad took my
cell phone and wiped all the numbers 'cuz he was afraid that i could get in touch with dealers again, and i never got that phone back.   :'(
So i spent a month in the hospital in rehab for drugs. Now, after more than 6 years, i've changed the way of life and i think i managed to come to comon sense.
But i have never forgotten that girl, but ionly knew her name, and i couldn't get in contact with her.  A few days ago, i looked on the internet website where the images and names of students who graduated from high school, i found her and now i know what's her full name and i even looked on facebook and realized it was the same girl.  Now she's 20 years old, and i'm 27 and so i'm thinking, what do i do after everything?
To send her message and remind her who i am and what has happened to me during those period or simply to try to forget and leave her alone, because what if she gets shocked and became very afraid, maybe it will be unpleasant situation for her if i send her a friend request.
Please, this is 100% truth and it's very important, last night i couldn't sleep and all the time i was thinking what to do.  :-\

If it was me I would send a note - just to say what happened and that you're sorry you couldn't get in touch until now, that you just wanted to be able to say thank you because it always bothered you because she made you see things differently and you weren't able to thank her until now. 

Then again, that's just me, and I look at things in a very different way to most people sometimes, apparently.  or so I've been told.

And chill out man - I know I count you as a friend!  That's one good friend you made on here at least right?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

VegaVegas

Quote from: smeghead on October 06, 2014, 07:04:23 am
what do i do after everything?

While I do understand the story (I guess), I didn't quite get your entire point. The question is-what do you really want to do?? To put it simple- if you WANT to get in touch with her, just do it and don't hesitate, you can always try so here you have the chance to do it. I don't see any problem but if you just don't feel like it, don't bother then. I can't even count how many times I've told myself "DAMN IT I could have done that...". Remember, it's always better to regret doing something rather than regret NOT doing something :)

smeghead

Thanks guys for great words... I sent her a message and now i'm waiting for some kind of respond!
If that meant something to her then she'll probably be happy to hear about me, and if she totally forgot our hanging out then i'll accept her decision.
So that's enough about that. I'll inform You guys how it turned out.

8)

smeghead

Just to finish this thing... i've sent the girl a message, and got the response like - ''i don't remember you very well, anyway i gave up on music, now i'm on the college in Zagreb,'' and like she has some problems with FB.
but i don't understand how she doesn't remember me and remembers some our plans.
Nevermind, i won't complain... don't blame her, i also don't remember everything what i was doing when i was 14.

fcgamer

Ahhh, that's too bad my friend, but at least you have some closure to that chapter of your life, and who knows, maybe this will allow you to move on and find something else :)  I know these are easier words to type than to put into action, but at least you now know.  It was worth a try anyway.

On another note, I had been friends with a German girl that was an exchange student at my high school back in 2003.  I really had a crush on this girl, but she had a boyfriend back in Germany, so things never progressed beyond us chatting after school, after I was finished with track practice.  We exchanged a few emails later, after she had gone back to Germany, but things then faded.

By 2007 I was planning to head over to Germany to study for a few months, and out of curiosity I discovered that her family lived only an hour away from where I was going to be studying, quite convenient.  So I had sent some messages and heard a reply back, but to make a long story short that girl wasn't even willing to take the time to hang out, even for a cup of coffee or something.  It wasn't a reply of "Oh, I don't want to hang out," more of a "Sure that sounds good.  But I can't do it this time, maybe next time" sort of response.  So ridiculous sometimes. 

Quote from: smeghead on October 13, 2014, 04:48:24 am
Just to finish this thing... i've sent the girl a message, and got the response like - ''i don't remember you very well, anyway i gave up on music, now i'm on the college in Zagreb,'' and like she has some problems with FB.
but i don't understand how she doesn't remember me and remembers some our plans.
Nevermind, i won't complain... don't blame her, i also don't remember everything what i was doing when i was 14.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

L___E___T

Nothing ventured nothing gained though, right?  That's how I see it.  If you don't say anything in the first then it's a 100% nothing.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

Quote from: L___E___T on October 13, 2014, 08:14:39 am
Nothing ventured nothing gained

That's not true. Experience points went up! :coin: