Would anybody like to play some HeroQuest?

Started by Bob-Bob, July 27, 2014, 03:30:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob-Bob

Now I love video games, but I also have another hobby in the form of a board game called HeroQuest.

It too is retro, as they've never reprinted it. Much like our own Famicom, I procured a beat-up HeroQuest set on eBay about a year ago, and sadly I never really found anybody to play with.  :(

Fortunately, I've discovered a method that would enable me to play with people over the Internet, and since I haven't played very much myself I thought maybe it would be best to look for new people. So I thought maybe some of you guys would like to be my players. Since this is a Famicom forum, I decided to use the newly discovered Japanese rules. That translation was done by a friend of mine, and much like a lot of our favorite Famicom games these rules actually make the game much easier for new players to get into compared to the US rules. :D

All I need is four of you. You will take on the role of Warrior, Dwarf, Elf, and Wizard (I typed these character data sheets myself). I will be playing the role of the Dark Demon King "Grimdead".  ;D

If you're interested in playing, go to this page and download the program called VASSAL (the topmost link) and the HeroQuest module (the second link from the top). VASSAL is an application much like a chat client that allows you to play board games with people over the Internet via modules made to imitate different games. It comes with documentation that will instruct you on how to operate it and more importantly, join a game with me.

If you're interested, just say yes! If you have any questions, please ask away!   :-*

thepandaofnom

I have heard of heroes quest. Its kind of like a less complected form of dungeons and dragons isn't it?  I wouldn't mind giving it a go if you get more players. I would probably want to play the warrior but would try anything.  While we are on the topic would anyone want to play D&D 3.5 . I haven't played in a long time.

Bob-Bob

HeroQuest can basically be described as "DnD for beginners". I thought I'd ask around here since I'd like some inexperienced people to play with. I just hope three more express interest. It is possible to play with less than four heroes, but ideally it would have all four.  :D

Also, I think it might be a better idea to make a separate thread for DnD. This one is specifically about HeroQuest, not tabletop games in general.  :-[