Famicom Handbills Reproductions

Started by zmaster18, August 12, 2014, 10:08:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zmaster18

August 12, 2014, 10:08:08 pm Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 03:08:59 am by UglyJoe
I have a Zelda no Densetsu FDS handbill that I want to frame for my future man-cave. They are very neat pieces of art and I almost considered selling mine, but decided to keep it. What if someone where to scan and print reproductions? Is that frowned upon, or would some people like to buy them - acknowledging they are reproductions of course.

UglyJoe

There was someone here before who was selling reproduction handbills.  He printed them slightly larger than the original size (like an extra inch in either direction or something) so that it would be obvious to any collector that they were reproductions, which I thought was a good idea.

manuel

I think it has to be perfectly clear that they are reproductions or else sooner or later people would try to pass them off as the real thing.
And collectors hate that.

L___E___T

Yup, it's not something I am keen on myself as I like to collect handbills and they cost a lot of money.

However, I am not actively trying to stop someone making reproductions of them either - while I find it distasteful, it happens and will keep happening when there is demand, which there is.

To me it's the same scenario as repros - but even easier with a lower price tag.  Masterpieces of the fine art world are available as prints, so it's not something that should be explicitly outlawed in my opinion, unless you're trying to pass them off as the real thing OR taking advantage of the ambiguity where people don't realise.  Having larger prints is one thing, but most people wouldn't realise that from an eBay listing.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。