3D System Question

Started by kiwidaveinjapan, August 13, 2014, 04:00:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwidaveinjapan

I'm having trouble getting my 3D system to work I think.

Both the shutters appear to be working, I'm using a CRT TV, but i still seem to be getting doubled images when wearing the glasses.

Do the glasses not work for everyone?

Note: I'm wearing prescription lenses underneath my 3D glasses.

Thanks!

UglyJoe

What games have you tried?

fredJ

You pressed Select to active 3D mode?
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

kiwidaveinjapan

August 13, 2014, 10:50:00 pm #3 Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:21:55 pm by kiwidaveinjapan
Yes, activated 3D mode.

Have only tried Falsion at this stage, gonna try a few more games over the next day or two!

Post Merge: August 14, 2014, 11:21:55 pm

UPDATE: Tried 3D Hot Rally and everything is working fine. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

P

Good that your 3D System is working, but Falsion is also supposed to work with the 3D System.

Xious also mentioned http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=867.msg75856#msg75856 problems with the game. Is your copy of Falsion original or pirate/rewritten?

kiwidaveinjapan

Yeah, I've had the same issues as Xious described.

My Falsion disk is an original (as far as I know), but I *do* have disk rewriting capabilities.
I could write up another disk and see what happens.

Will post results if anyone interested.

P

Yes if you do some experimenting please share the results.

kiwidaveinjapan

Having the same problem running Falsion from FDSLoadr.
Still suffering from "double-vision" witht he main ship. Maybe because I have slight astigmatism?

Could be anything really...

I'll keep looking.

P

It could be the FDS image. I remember there was an FDS image of Zelda II that was missing items (heart containers and moneybags among other things) and it was supposedly a badly dumped image. If your disk was rewritten by a previous owner it's possible there is a bad image of Falsion in circulation.

Try using another image with FDSLoadr.

UglyJoe

The "double ship" thing has been mentioned before.  It may just be a programming bug with Falsion.

See:

Quote from: 133MHz on June 01, 2010, 09:18:43 pm
Ghosting issues aside, I gotta say that the 3D effect in some parts of Falsion is quite effective. Some of the enemies seemed like they were floating in front of the TV screen, and the level bosses use some sort of inverse parallax that looks really cool. On the minus side, I had quite a difficult time focusing my eyes to keep me from seeing doubles of everything. I wonder how much ghosting is present on the original Nintendo glasses, and how much "double vision" you should expect to get from Falsion.

And also:

Quote from: Xious on December 15, 2011, 08:42:21 am
Sadly, I find that Konami's attempt wit 'Falsion 3-D' was a bit bad,as images often double, and distance fro the display as well as display size are very crucial. I wish it was better, as it was one of the few (if not the only) good space-themed 3-D games of the era.

P

Good to know! I guess Falsion isn't best game to test the 3D system with then.

kiwidaveinjapan

Yeah, having tried Highway Star and 3D hot rally, which have no issues at all when using my glasses, i'm gonna say falsion is not so good for the 3D system, and not the best game to test with.