manuel's back (kinda) (hopefully)

Started by manuel, August 16, 2014, 10:17:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

LOL, it was like that for me in Thailand as well, people were very nice and friendly though.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

VegaVegas

Quote from: L___E___T on August 18, 2014, 05:50:58 am
LOL, it was like that for me in Thailand as well, people were very nice and friendly though.

As the 1st or 2nd guy?? ;D

L___E___T

Both, oddly enough!  But I should note that Thai people are not xenophobic and very friendly, they just like to strike a deal or be super generous depending on how they view the world I guess.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

senseiman

Hi Manuel,

I just read your story and it sounds like an absolute nightmare, I am so sorry that you and your family had to go through all of that.  That really is terrrible and I admire your patience in not exploding in anger at them!

I think my wife and I narrowly avoided a similar incident quite a few years ago when we were engaged and looking for our first place together.  In the same way (although nowhere near as persistently as in your case) we were approached informally by an acquiantance (older woman in her 60s) who had a house for rent.  She put the hard sell on us and wanted a ridiculously high amount of rent (actually, kind of the opposite of your case I guess) so we just walked away and stopped answering her calls.  I had those alarm bells ringing in my head - she seemed like the type of person who would be a very intrusive landlord that would cause all end of problems for us so even if the rent had been low I would have been uncomfortable with renting from her.

My wife and I are actually thinking about buying a house at some point (in a few years when we have some actual savings maybe), but reading stories like this make me very risk-averse and reinforce my feeling that it is best to proceed with extreme caution. 

wholesalewatch648

sorry that happened, manuel. i havent been here in  a few months either, because  a close family member died and i spend the last 3 months clearing out their house , selling their house , and trying to figure out what to do with all the stuff.. been such a stressful event. it is finally done and we started the process in April.
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

manuel

Quote from: senseiman on August 21, 2014, 07:05:40 pm
it is best to proceed with extreme caution. 

Thanks!
And you're right. You have to be extremely cautious with everything.

There's nothing worse than intrusive landlords.
In my case they snooped around all the time and got angry when I didn't notify them every single time I even drove by the house just to check the mail box for important documents.  :-[

senseiman

Manuel-

That sounds like it would have been a terrible situation to live in, having the `S` couple watching your every move and probably criticizing you and your wife for any minor thing.

It sounds like such an awful experience to have gone through, though I suppose the plus side is that you have removed them from your life completely and can move on. 

All those headaches and money spent though must leave you with some bitterness!  I know I would be!

Anyway, glad that you are back on FC World!  I hope the next year will be better.

wholesalewatch648  -

Sorry to hear about your loss and the bad time you`ve been having too.  I`m glad its all over though, hope your year gets better from now!

tappybot

Hey Manuel, welcome back!

That's awful.  I was only in Japan for about 3 years, and though I've experienced hints of tiny frustrating things like this, it's nothing compared to your story.

Well, lesson learned, eh?
Really sounds like you were strongly pressured into the whole ordeal though and how could you have known to be so vehemently against the supposed kind proposition.

Horribly frustrating, but water over the damn at this point though.  Relax, and enjoy your life without the devils!  Consider it good fortune you got out sooner rather than later.

manuel

Quote from: tappybot on August 27, 2014, 09:10:31 am
Consider it good fortune you got out sooner rather than later.

So true!
Thanks for your kind words.
I feel that posting the story here has helped me a lot mentally. I guess I should have done it earlier.  :-[
Now it's off my chest and I feel like I can go on.

L___E___T

Hope you're feeling better about all of this now.  Been great to have you back here and chat :)
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

80sFREAK

Looks like new "bubble" doesn't give him much spare time  ::)
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

manuel