Smash Bros. 3DS come out in less than a month.. Any good pre-order deals yet?

Started by tappybot, September 04, 2014, 06:40:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tappybot

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on September 27, 2014, 01:16:25 am
Wii U game -- $60
GC gamepad -- $20
gamepad adapter -- $20

Am I missing something here? Where's the deal?

You save 10 dollars on the Gamecube Controller. It's 30 bucks alone.
Between my girlfriend and myself, we have 10 or so gamecube controllers though.. so we don't need to spend another 20 on what's in the bundle.

Post Merge: September 29, 2014, 07:05:25 am

Here it is.

5 Bucks off at frys. Free shipping.

http://www.frys.com/product/8143105?site=sa:adpages%20page:P21_FRI%20date:092614

FamicomRetroGamer

TheGameCollection has dispatched my copy of Smash Bros. can't wait to receive and pop in my 2DS!

tappybot

I ultimately decided I wanted to check out the 3DS version.

My biggest issue with it now, next to the circle slider, is how uncomfortable it is to hold.
I find myself barely using the shield and grab functions while playing.

Anyone have a do-it-yourself solution for more comfortable gripping of the 3DS XL?

P

Not really a do-it-yourself but I like the stand that comes with Kid Icarus. I think it's sold separately for people that got the download version of Kid Icarus. It works for pretty much any game if you are sitting at a table. It makes it easier to press L and R buttons since you don't have to support the console with your hands.

My brother confirms that you can change the controls in the full version of Smash Bros.

FamicomRetroGamer

I'm a little bit disappointed that Europe is getting the Wii U NGC Bundle but only the game + adapter whereas US gets all three (game + adapter + controller) and if it's going to be sold for £60 ($96-ish) as it was slated before, then forget that, I'll stick to the game only.

Oh Nintendo you keep on disappointing your fans some way or another. :(

zmaster18

Canada doesn't even get the game + adapter + controller bundle. We have to order it from Amazon US, which is a little bit more expensive shipping.