Smash Bros. 3DS come out in less than a month.. Any good pre-order deals yet?

Started by tappybot, September 04, 2014, 06:40:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tappybot

I'm sure I'm not the only one around here who is a big smash fan.

Pre-ordering games isn't something I often do (I don't buy a lot of games on day one anymore), but when I do, I usually wait around for a good deal to show up.  10 or 5 dollars off or something.

Has there yet been any deals on any sites for Smash Bros. 3DS?  :question:

zmaster18

I don't think there will be deals on a Super Smash Bros game for years... It's probably the most desirable current Nintendo game. Why would Nintendo cut the price on Smash when the demand is sooo high?

A good deal is the Wii U bundle, which comes with the game disk, a Wii U Gamecube controller adapter, and a black gamecube controller for $100. Maybe there will be a free download game offer via Club Nintendo like there was with Mario Kart 8, but I doubt it.

The next smash game looks friggin insane. I really hope a bunch of you are also getting it so I can play you guys online!

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: tappybot on September 04, 2014, 06:40:40 am
I'm sure I'm not the only one around here who is a big smash fan.

Pre-ordering games isn't something I often do (I don't buy a lot of games on day one anymore), but when I do, I usually wait around for a good deal to show up.  10 or 5 dollars off or something.

Has there yet been any deals on any sites for Smash Bros. 3DS?  :question:

Base.com has it for £31 which is good but I'm passing it as I plan to get the Wii U edition instead.

Quote from: zmaster18 on September 10, 2014, 11:08:15 am
A good deal is the Wii U bundle, which comes with the game disc, a Wii U Gamecube controller adapter, and a black gamecube controller for $100. Maybe there will be a free download game offer via Club Nintendo like there was with Mario Kart 8, but I doubt it.

Is this something you're hoping for? I've not heard anything about a bundle like this.

Quote from: zmaster18 on September 10, 2014, 11:08:15 amThe next smash game looks friggin insane. I really hope a bunch of you are also getting it so I can play you guys online!

Which next Smash? The Wii U edition? It's the same game but with more features, exclusive content to the home edition, HD graphics/music and more.

Jedi Master Baiter

I don't have a Wii U, nor do I have plans to get one, so that's out.

I do plan on getting a 3DS soon, not because of Smash Bros. though. But I'll probably pick up that game eventually ;).

tappybot

Quote from: zmaster18 on September 10, 2014, 11:08:15 am
I don't think there will be deals on a Super Smash Bros game for years... It's probably the most desirable current Nintendo game. Why would Nintendo cut the price on Smash when the demand is sooo high?

A good deal is the Wii U bundle, which comes with the game disk, a Wii U Gamecube controller adapter, and a black gamecube controller for $100. Maybe there will be a free download game offer via Club Nintendo like there was with Mario Kart 8, but I doubt it.

The next smash game looks friggin insane. I really hope a bunch of you are also getting it so I can play you guys online!

I'm not expecting a price cut or anything. There are often preorder deals for new games though depending on the retailer.

For example, I got a 10 dollar gift card for preordering Mario Kart from Best Buy.
I believe Newegg had a Mario 3D World discount on preorders before that came out too.

Currently, I'm thinking I'll just get it at the local Best Buy if I can't find any small preorder discount or bonus or anything. I'd like to play it the day it comes out.

zmaster18

I actually just downloaded the demo for Smash Bros 3DS today, only given out to select Club Nintendo users. This game rocks!!!

FamicomRetroGamer

I've pre-ordered Smash Bros. 3DS from Base.com for £31 (it costs exactly as much as a Wii U game but oh well).

QuoteI actually just downloaded the demo for Smash Bros 3DS today, only given out to select Club Nintendo users. This game rocks!!!

It was given to thousands of Nintendo Club members, and although I didn't get one a total stranger was kind enough to share his additional codes for free.

It's crazy people are paying like $30 for this demo code on eBay (and the full game costs $60 in US).

zmaster18

Haha I know! I used my code, gave one to my brother, and have the other 2 codes available. I actually sold one on Kijiji for $15!!! Some people are really anxious to play the game!  ;D If I knew these codes would have actually been worth selling, I wouldn't have used any of them!

When I tried to list the codes on ebay however, the listing got taken down because of some kind of violation of policy. I wonder if the people selling the codes on ebay are able to get away with it?

FamicomRetroGamer

There's a big chunk of people who sold their Smash Bros. 3DS demo codes for $40 and below. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=super+smash+bros+3ds+demo+code&_sop=16

This is crazy but the prices have dropped down to $10-15 now.

Shumi Nagaremono

Bic Camera has the game for 4,600 yen.  It's the cheapest I've see it in/around Tokyo.  Amazon.jp looks to have sold out, with sellers asking 8,100+ yen for it.  Which I don't really get.  I mean, yeah, it's nice to have a physical copy of the game, but the DL version is set at 5,300 and *probably* won't sell out. ;)

nintendodork

Quote from: FamicomRetroGamer on September 13, 2014, 02:54:01 am
It's crazy people are paying like $30 for this demo code on eBay (and the full game costs $60 in US).
The game will be have an MSRP of $39.99 when it releases in eight days, not $60.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

tappybot

I guess if you demand a new Gamecube controller, that'd be a good deal.

I have 8 cube controllers.  I'd like to have a shiny new one, but that would just be gluttonous.  :yoshi:

Wish there was a release date already.  I'm debating sitting it out for the 3DS version.

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: nintendodork on September 25, 2014, 12:30:00 pm
Quote from: FamicomRetroGamer on September 13, 2014, 02:54:01 am
The game will be have an MSRP of $39.99 when it releases in eight days, not $60.

Oh yeah I saw that after.

Wii U = $60
3DS = $40

Makes sense it costs less, since it's a portable version and a watered down version too.

Post Merge: September 26, 2014, 12:00:31 pm

Quote from: L___E___T on September 26, 2014, 05:18:14 am
Here's something of a WiiU bundle, for whoever cares:
http://kotaku.com/99-super-smash-bros-wii-u-bundle-spotted-on-amazon-1639440905

:o

I'm so getting this!

I could've sworn I saw this on Shopto.net for pre-order and now it's gone! It needs to get back up!

I think it was £60 and for that much I don't mind spending £60!

Jedi Master Baiter

Wii U game -- $60
GC gamepad -- $20
gamepad adapter -- $20

Am I missing something here? Where's the deal?