April 19, 2024, 05:21:24 pm

Started by scaryice, September 06, 2014, 01:48:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tappybot

I've seen some huge lots on ebay, like a hundred carts for less than 100 bucks..  Your best bet is looking there.

Personally, I think even this site's best sellers price their carts too low.

As cheap as some retro games have gotten, the value of a decent game really ought to be preserved.  I don't care how cheap they go for. I'm not selling anything for less than 5 bucks.
5 dollars is the price of a coffee at Starbucks, or just part of a fast food order.  Anything less than that and it's not worth it.  I'd rather donate the game to a friend or a nephew than just sell it for the price of a pack of gum.

fcgamer

Quote from: scaryice on September 07, 2014, 09:23:35 pm
Quote from: Jay-ray on September 07, 2014, 12:03:05 pm
This thread has turned into a shit show. Congratulations!

I noticed. Sad to see so much threadcrapping here - if you don't like what I posted, then move on.

Quote from: senseiman on September 06, 2014, 06:05:13 pm
This is just my 2 cents, it might be a bit difficult at that price.  Even with surface shipping from Japan (which is pretty cheap) that leaves less than 1$ per cart for the seller, which is less than what you pay for the average game cart in a large lot off of Yahoo Auctions or at a junk shop in Japan, which are the cheapest places to get them.  If you are mostly looking for Mahjong and baseball carts you could probably find a taker, but if you want some of the better games on the list you might try bumping the price offered up a bit.

I probably should've just not put a price in the topic at all. People seem to have gotten the idea that I wanted really expensive games for $1.50. I do think it's realistic though for 100+ games left on my list (I still have a lot of cheap titles to get).

I think one of the problems is that you are posting on here and basically asking people to do your homework for you.  I am in the same situation as you, going for a full set of Famicom games (we had talked briefly on NA iirc), and we are both also around the same level of how many games we still need to get; however, I also realize that it does not behoove one to just post a list of games (with the range of prices varying greatly) and then hoping your inbox will be filled with takers.  You need to do the research, contact the guys with the games, and see if you can make a deal that suits both your price range as well as theirs. 

Post Merge: September 08, 2014, 09:44:30 am

Quote from: tappybot on September 08, 2014, 09:24:58 am
I've seen some huge lots on ebay, like a hundred carts for less than 100 bucks..  Your best bet is looking there.

Personally, I think even this site's best sellers price their carts too low.

As cheap as some retro games have gotten, the value of a decent game really ought to be preserved.  I don't care how cheap they go for. I'm not selling anything for less than 5 bucks.
5 dollars is the price of a coffee at Starbucks, or just part of a fast food order.  Anything less than that and it's not worth it.  I'd rather donate the game to a friend or a nephew than just sell it for the price of a pack of gum.

You also bring up a good point, which is EXACTLY how I feel when it comes to selling these games.  For the most part, if I don't receive at least $5, it isn't worth my time, and even at $5, it still isn't worth my time but at least I can accept that price point ;)  That is why I always post in my sale threads that prices are negotiable, because I also feel that if the buyer wants to buy several items, then I can give a better deal. 

Just tonight, actually, I threw out a few games that I just couldn't sell, and couldn't get rid of.  Even at $5, I received zero bites, so they got chucked.  Just not worth the time and effort to sell for less. 

On another note, I think the OP would not benefit much from purchasing those huge lots of Famicom games off ebay.  I've looked at those myself, and usually they contain only common crap, that would help people with less than 300 games.   
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

wholesalewatch648

well i have corroded junk HVC-MJ (Shipping cheapest Cost $2.50 to usa)... haven't test it BUT i would sell for $1.5 if you foot the 2.5 shipping fee ::), and not bother to read the list  of games ..(stopped reading at dracula kun)  AND  ps :  GOOD luck , your'e gonna need it
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

L___E___T

Quote from: scaryice on September 07, 2014, 09:23:35 pm

Sad to see so much threadcrapping here - if you don't like what I posted, then move on.

I can see your point, but on this forum at least, that isn't a valid disclaimer - as the OP you have some responsibility for discretion and common sense here as well.

As a community, we will call out nonsense if we think we see it, which is not an unreasonable thing to expect to see.  Some people saw a touch of nonsense here.

Accounting for those that read threads quickly and skip ahead - had this same thread been an equivalent on Nintendo Age with expensive NES games on there, I think the replies would have been much less tolerant.  As it happened, there were some that called out the OP on certain things and others like myself and FCgamer that afford more benefit of the doubt.

TL;DR = one should generally expect responses to any topic that could warrant a predicted response.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

zmaster18

Here's a serious offer: I'll give you a lot of 25 games for $55 shipped. No sports, only a couple RPGS/Dragon Quest.

BonBon

wholesalewatch648

"Sad to see so much threadcrapping here - if you don't like what I posted, then move on."  ???

"sad" isn't the word i would use.. it would be "funny" and "laughable" to even think you can get some of these titles for $1.5 SHIPPED,, considering shipping is $2.5 per cassette. i know you will come back and say"but... i want large lot, and you canship 30 cassette in usps medium flat rate box shipping price $12.35 making price of $45 (1.5 per cassette) - $12.35(usps mfrb) for $32.65 roughly $1.08 per cassette and seller STILL loses even if they are all HVC-MJ and the like JUNK  :o

AND to top it all off, you are actually serious STILL after all the messages of the $1.5 price point
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.