Best game to start with?

Started by BaconBitsKing, September 06, 2014, 04:31:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BaconBitsKing

September 06, 2014, 04:31:04 pm Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:24:14 pm by BaconBitsKing
For my first Famicom games, I'm thinking of getting something like Ice Climber and Super Mario Bros. 3. I probably also may not get Ice Climber because I already have the US version, so getting it another time and starting my Famicom collection with something else like Donkey Kong or DKJr. might be ideal. Anyone else have any other ideas? Super Famicom games also work fine.
:redcart:

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Can the AV Famicom use the Disk System? Thanks.

UPDATE: I've finally made the decision to start with Super Mario Collection (All-Stars) for the Super Famicom, since I haven't played Mario All-Stars before. :mario:

Nightstar699

Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain, because it's the best one.

Quote from: BaconBitsKing on September 06, 2014, 04:31:04 pm
P.S. Can the AV Famicom use the Disk System? Thanks.

From what I've heard, yes.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

hvc01

Av famicom can use disk system fine.

Jedi Master Baiter

L___E___T

Going on your avatar I'd suggest Castlevania 1 and 3 Famicom versions - Akumajou Dracula and Akumajou Densetsu.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

zmaster18

I recommend Clu Clu Land, Balloon Fight, Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros, Popeye, and the puzzle games like Wario's Woods, Dr Mario, Yoshi, etc.

Shumi Nagaremono

Mario 3 is a great choice.  It's different enough from the NES version to provide an extra level of challenge. 

joestar3

Quote from: BaconBitsKing on September 06, 2014, 04:31:04 pm
For my first Famicom games, I'm thinking of getting something like Ice Climber and Super Mario Bros. 3. I probably also may not get Ice Climber because I already have the US version, so getting it another time and starting my Famicom collection with something else like Donkey Kong or DKJr. might be ideal. Anyone else have any other ideas? Super Famicom games also work fine.
:redcart:

Do you have any favorite genres?

I'd second any of the ones recommended already though.  Some good Famicom-only ones off the top of my head are Cocoron, Joy Mech Fight, Crisis Force, Samurai Pizza Cats, Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Grafitti.

Super Famicom only - Twinbee Rainbow Bell Adventure, Puyo Puyo Tsu....there's a lot of good ones; unfortunately they're getting more and more expensive.

scaryice

The first game you should buy is Wai Wai World. It's a great Konami game, and it's also a gateway to other FC exclusives, since many of the characters star in their own games.

Lorfarius

Have a look at the videos in my thread. Recently picked up an AV Famicom/FDS and spent sometime playing through a nice pile of games.  Should be a fair few worth picking up to start out with:

http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=11060.0
My own Retro gaming YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius