WTB: Famicom Disk System Power Supply and Replacement Belt.

Started by yarjr, September 28, 2014, 11:58:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

yarjr

The title says it all. I'm looking for the Power Supply and a replacement belt for my Disk System and preferably cheaper than the crazy prices on  :fire: ebay :fire:!

Also looking for games now that I think of it but I don't have the money for those right now.

yarjr

Thanks,thats a good price.  I still need a power supply though!

thepandaofnom

If you get a junk disk on ebay ( current listing of games that is low http://www.ebay.com/itm/271619308896?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ) I can rewrite it for you ( free other than shipping ). As for a power supply you can look in thrift shops for a power supply that is 9v at around 300-400 mA and get a connector from radio shack if it needs a new tip. This should be about $5 total. Other than that the power supply will cot minimum $15. This is all assuming that you have a soldering iron. As for the belts I got mine from the totoke link above and it worked perfect. Have you looked at the guide on here to properly align the gears in the drive ( http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=10767.15 ) .

yarjr

Thank you very much. I may buy some junk ones and send them your way eventually.

kevkevkev

In the uk i use a megadrive 1 psu. I believe the fds is the same. Or run it on batteries

yarjr

Yeah I have heard it mentioned. I may try it. Thank you.

GohanX

You may consider just using batteries. They last forever in the thing.

thepandaofnom

I was considering doing that as well but I'm always afraid that if i don't use if for a few months the batteries will start corroding inside. also i was planing to mod my disk system to have connections for dumping disk to pc and I was going to put the cables in their so they are hidden.

yarjr

I probably will end up using batteries at first but eventually ill upgrade.

zmaster18

I might have a power supply and belt available to sell, but you would have to be in the US or Canada and tell me how much you're willing to pay.

yarjr

I no longer need a belt but a power supply maybe if it original. What price did you have in mind?

thepandaofnom

On average I see them on ebay for $30. Anytime you want an original power supply like that the price goes higher. The lowest I have ever seen the fds power supply for is about $20. I might be able to make you one for like $10 and shipping. I will have to see what parts I have left but that voltage and amperage isn't rare. The one I make is rated the same. Its just made from off the shelf barrel connector and a repourpoused power brick.

Pikkon

I assume you have a famicom with ac adapter,if so I would get a ac adapter splitter.
http://www.dx.com/p/1-to-2-power-splitter-cable-for-cctv-security-system-camera-dc-12v-112982#.VDNyOWddX1Y

It will work just fine and power your famicom and disk system off of one ac adapter.

yarjr

For two bucks I picked one up,I hope it actually works. DO you use this set up?