Cleaning the outside of famicom carts

Started by Hakotaku, October 07, 2014, 04:25:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakotaku

What would people suggest for cleaning dirt off of famicom carts? Generally alcohol and cue tips have done the job for dust and dirt deposits on NES games, but famicom games seem to get dirty brown area in the middle of the carts (especially white carts). I can use some more abrasive cleaners, but I was wondering if anyone had problems with those fading the color or removing the texture from the surface at all.
Will translate for games.

fredJ

I don't think alcohol works that well for outside cleaning but okay.

Well, you can try some cleaning stuff you have in your home. :) Window cleaning works. Be careful around the label.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

zmaster18

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.

I highly recommend them, even the no-name brand ones you can get at the dollar store. Use them with alcohol when removing permanent marker and use them with window cleaner when finishing up to get rid of streaks left from the sponge. The window cleaner also helps with that old, dusty, smokey smell some carts have.

Hakotaku

I've been hearing good things about those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. This is the first time I've heard of using window cleaner when finishing though I will definitely have to try that especially if it can get rid of smoke smell!
Will translate for games.