The GameCube Adapter for Wii U only plays Super Smash Bros.

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, October 08, 2014, 06:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomRetroGamer

The first time I picked up Mario Kart 8 I had my finger pressing on ZR but turned out it was A to speed up and sadly there aren't any "Settings" menu for MK8 so I never got around to change it but it works out fine so not too much of an issue. I do recall playing Mario Kart Wii with the ZR trigger which was a lot nicer but the AI was really cheap and unfair. :(

P

Quote from: FamicomRetroGamer on October 14, 2014, 10:56:57 am
Quote from: MarioMania on October 13, 2014, 09:48:36 pm
I hope the Adapter will work on Wii U VC Game also

Hopefully it does.

Now that a rep from PDP confirmed me via email that their PDP Wii U controllers only have digital triggers I'm no longer interested in getting one.

I wonder if the normal reproduced GC controllers for Wii U are going to have analogue L/R and rumble. Since Nintendo seems to avoid that on new controllers ever since that patent trouble rose up. If so I'm not interested in that either. No use if I can't play my Gamecube games that rely on it with it.

maxellnormalbias

This. I'm going to switch back to the Wii if the Wii U adapter doesn't support analog rumble in the older controllers (OR the newer ones, since I only have 2 gamecube pads, not 4).

L___E___T

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

famiac

raphnet makes an adapter for gc controllers to wii remotes.

FamicomRetroGamer

The PDP/Hori NGC-alike controllers are plugged to the Wiimotes.

Also, the PDP/Hori controllers only have digital triggers. :'(

nintendodork

I am very pissed about Nintendo's decision to do this. I love the GC controller and--call me stubborn--I don't think you need any other controller to play a Nintendo game.

The Wii U Pro controller's layout is nice, but Nintendo knows that if they made this adapter work with every game, it would just completely throw off the sales of its other controllers since people already own GC controllers.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

It's quite cheeky.  Maybe there's a way to modify standard controllers so that the Wii U can read / talk to them,?
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

Yeah with the GC Controller to Classic Controller adapter from Raphnet that Famiac mentioned. But they would work like Classic Controllers, so it won't work in games that doesn't support that of course.

Quote from: nintendodork on October 24, 2014, 12:02:15 am
I am very pissed about Nintendo's decision to do this. I love the GC controller and--call me stubborn--I don't think you need any other controller to play a Nintendo game.

The Wii U Pro controller's layout is nice, but Nintendo knows that if they made this adapter work with every game, it would just completely throw off the sales of its other controllers since people already own GC controllers.

It's probably the most ergonomic controller in existence but it isn't good for most 64 and Super Famicom games, because of the button layout differences.

nintendodork

Another solution to this dumb problem that shouldn't even be a problem in the first place is this: http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Battle-Mario-Version-Turbo-u/dp/B00ND0E5ZU

Looks pretty sharp to me. I heard rumors of a Yoshi one as well, but I think people are just confusing these for the fighting pads released by another company. I might have to get a Luigi one.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

That's the one I linked to a few posts up :)  looks like a nicer controller as well if you ask me.  Hori do (and are great at) make a lot of fighting pads, maybe that's the point of confusion.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FamicomRetroGamer

The only downside to Hori's NGC controller is the lack of analogue triggers otherwise it's an awesome controller and better than Wii's Classic Controller.

Here's hoping Nintendo makes use of the NGC adapter for Wii and Wii U games as I'd rather use the original GameCube controller for the games, even though it's missing the left shoulder button (which Hori NGC has).

FamicomRetroGamer

According to a Nintendo Rep it'll be possible to connect two GameCube adapters for the 8-Player Mode so that puts aside all the consumers who were wondering as to how the local multiplayer would work.

zmaster18

Quote from: FamicomRetroGamer on November 07, 2014, 04:14:24 pm
According to a Nintendo Rep it'll be possible to connect two GameCube adapters for the 8-Player Mode so that puts aside all the consumers who were wondering as to how the local multiplayer would work.

I don't believe that, seeing as how the GC adapter uses both USB ports on the Wii U. 8-player mode is going to use 4 controllers, and 4 3DS's.

tappybot

Quote from: zmaster18 on November 07, 2014, 05:32:42 pm
Quote from: FamicomRetroGamer on November 07, 2014, 04:14:24 pm

I don't believe that, seeing as how the GC adapter uses both USB ports on the Wii U. 8-player mode is going to use 4 controllers, and 4 3DS's.

Hm. Can't you use a USB hub?

Aren't there two ports on the back as well?