Questions about the Famicom Disk System-logo!

Started by Highwind, October 12, 2014, 09:34:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Highwind

Hello dear Famicom World!
My name is Tobias and I've just registrered, since I've decided to start collecting Famicom games, mainly, instead of NES pal-B games.

I've noticed this little guy ->  :)
More than one time every since I started collecting NES-games, which were around 1997.
And my question now is:

Is this character involved in any Nintendo-products, other than just the Special edition Grand Prix F1-edition of the Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch?
I would love to own something with him, but I can't afford such rare Game & Watch.  :'( :P

Take care y'all, I hope I'll like it here! :)
I have been eating PANCAKE!  :o

BaconBitsKing

I've heard something about plush Disk-kuns, and a while ago I found a case shaped like him on eBay meant for carrying Disk System games.

Welcome to Famicom World!

Highwind

So it's name is Disk-kun? :P

Ah yeah, now when you mention it I remember seeing that FDS-case on eBay some years ago.

If anyone has any more info, drop a line! :)

Thanks!
I have been eating PANCAKE!  :o

L___E___T

He has popped up in several games as cameos - there's a thread on it somewhere.  Welcome to the forum!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

Oh a fellow Swede! Welcome! :) There are also t-shirts and cloth bags with Disk-kun on, if you can find any.

zmaster18

I also like Disk-Kun, or Mr. Disk, or Disk Boy.

He is in 2 games that I know of:

Smash Ping Pong by Nintendo & Konami

Janken Disk Shiro is an RPG/Puzzle game where you actually play as Disk Kun. Janken, the Japanese game of rock paper scissors, is incorporated into the game's puzzle mechanics. It was also the final official game to be released for the Famicom Disk System in 1993.