Good games in south korea?

Started by smileyman8b, October 12, 2014, 05:48:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RetroGamerTMD

I was in South Korea earlier this year. Staying mostly in Daejeon, I didn't really see anything there, but in Seoul there's a place called Yongsan market where they sell a lot of electronics, games, etc. Wondering around there was a lot of fun.

As someone who's not that great at haggling, I don't think I was able to get any really good deals, but there's a lot of both official, and pirated games being sold there, right next to the subway station as well. Most of the official stuff was Japanese, but there were also official Korean stuff. Just keep in mind the Korean stuff is usually a little more expensive because it's harder to come by, they've been PC gamers in Korea basically since gaming came to Korea.

There's a really cool localization of Kenseiden on the Sega Master System I'd reccomend, but again it's probably really hard to find.

I'll post some pictures later today when I get home of the stuff I came home with, not very much but it's still pretty cool  8)

RetroGamerTMD

Here's a Hyundai N64, not too sure how much it was going for, I didn't ask. There was a lot in these stores, which was surprising to me because I didn't think Koreans played that many console games.

Picked up this guy, only about 1000 won (10$)

These were some interesting pirate carts. The Super Famicom one has a lot of great games, Goof Troop, First Samurai, Lamborghini Challenge, I'd never heard of these and was pleasantly surprised.

The Famicom cart has Ninja Gaiden 3, Silk Worm, I can't reall remember what else. The MegaDrive cart is weird, it contains all Master System games, and a bunch of hacks, I can't play a lot of them because they require the Master System Arkanoid controller.