Does anyone here have food allergies?

Started by fcgamer, October 11, 2014, 07:37:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

Growing up, I remember hearing the rumor that some people would have allergies to certain nuts, such as peanuts.  During that time, such allergies were not nearly as common as they are today, and my initial reaction to hearing such outlandish news was "WTF?!?  How is it possible for someone to be allergic to such foods?!?"  Of course, this was at the age of a 2nd or 3rd grader.  I do remember one kid in my class that was semi-allergic to chocolate, but when the principal and teacher weren't looking, he would grab a chocolate milk and drink it.  AFAIK, he never had any bad reactions though.

As I've gotten older, I realize the seriousness of food reactions, and as just a point that hits home, a few years back my mother's body chemistry began to change and now she receives hives if she eats certain foods, especially fruit such as lemons, strawberries, etc.  She never had this problem previously though.

So does anyone here have any food allergies?  From what I have read, it seems to have become much more common, though luckily for me, I don't have any such allergies (that I am aware of, anyway)
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

maxellnormalbias

I'm allergic to dairy (well, not really, just cheese and milk, but yogurt is usually okay)

I don't know why, I think I just need a break from it, I'll probably be able to eat it again in a year or so.

Shumi Nagaremono

It's weird.  I never had a problem with milk when I was in the US, but drinking Japanese milk hurts my kidneys. 

P

My mother seems to be allergic to almost everything that people tend to be allergic to: cats, dogs, eggs, pollen, nuts (but not peanuts thankfully) and so on. Thankfully I did not inherit that and have no allergies at all.