April 19, 2024, 12:58:05 pm

Reprogram sfc carts?

Started by Deejayee, October 25, 2014, 03:12:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Deejayee

Hello all,
I recently landed about 50 sfc carts for next to nothing, sold the good stuff I didn't want, keeping the good stuff I do, but now I'm left with about 20 rando strategy/novel/sports games I can't sell or play. Is there a way to reprogram the roms on the carts to make them games I want?
Not looking to resell/scam anyone,  just looking to make use of these carts

Thanks

maxellnormalbias

If the cart board is compatible with the ROM you want you should be able to use an EEPROM writer (maybe you could use an arduino or a raspi or something too) and make a reproduction cartridge.

I know about the NES/Famicom repro process but not the SFC one, so maybe Google "snes repro cart how to" or something.

Sarahconner

muckyfingers

Quote from: Deejayee on October 25, 2014, 03:12:07 pm
Hello all,
I recently landed about 50 sfc carts for next to nothing, sold the good stuff I didn't want, keeping the good stuff I do, but now I'm left with about 20 rando strategy/novel/sports games I can't sell or play. Is there a way to reprogram the roms on the carts to make them games I want?
Not looking to resell/scam anyone,  just looking to make use of these carts

Thanks

Google search SNES reproductions (same thing for Super Famicom) and you'll find all the info needed, or check out the brewery section over and nintendoage.

Post Merge: April 09, 2015, 02:43:00 pm

Quote from: Sarahconner on April 08, 2015, 09:04:33 pm
http://www.factmag.com/2015/04/08/lost-snes-music-game-sound-fantasy-discovered-released-free-online/

I want this put onto a SNES cart, where should I table the topic?   :redcart:

Do you have the rom dump? Without it, you can't do anything.