Waixing Games

Started by fcgamer, October 29, 2014, 08:08:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

Hey everyone, I am trying to catalog all of the Waixing games.  I have compiled a list, and included in the list are screenshots for the games, as well as cart scans and English translations.  I am trying to make the list as friendly as possible for western folks that collect these games, yet don't speak Chinese.

I am trying to fill in a few gaps though.  Anyone know what games correspond to the following ID numbers?

ES-1007
ES-1015
ES-1024
ES-1026
ES-1027
ES-1031
ES-1032
ES-1035
ES-1037
ES-1038
ES-1040
ES-1041
ES-1044
ES-1052
ES-1059
ES-1063
ES-1068
ES-1073
ES-1075
ES-1083
ES-1101
ES-1113
ES-1121 - ES-1137

Less than 1/3 of the games are unknown...I guess that isn't too good, but considering Waixing released around 140 numbered games, and then a dozen or so that are unnumbered, it isn't too bad I guess.

Anyway, if anyone knows the titles (English or Chinese) of the missing games, please let me know! Thanks!
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

maxellnormalbias

Have you checked the BootlegGames wiki? I thought they had a complete waixing catalog.

fcgamer

Quote from: maxellnormalbias on October 29, 2014, 12:59:36 pm
Have you checked the BootlegGames wiki? I thought they had a complete waixing catalog.

Yes, I've looked on there, but their list is quite incomplete.  It is even missing about a dozen or so titles that are on my list.  :(

Thanks for the suggestion though!

MasterDisk

...Do not hesitate to add information on the wiki :)

fcgamer

Hehe, yes that information could make it's way to the wiki in the future, but at the very least, I want to throw it up on my blog first ;)

FamilyMan

This always has interested me. Waixing had been around for many years and yet, we still do not know much about this chinese company. (at least to english speaking natives). I wonder if there are any waixing enthusiates in Asia who are die hard fans who own every game they ever made? I will check my waixing collection for any of those numbers Dave posted.
- Collecting should be about owning the games as much as playing them!

fcgamer

Quote from: FamilyMan on November 03, 2014, 05:34:30 am
This always has interested me. Waixing had been around for many years and yet, we still do not know much about this chinese company. (at least to english speaking natives). I wonder if there are any waixing enthusiates in Asia who are die hard fans who own every game they ever made? I will check my waixing collection for any of those numbers Dave posted.

Thanks a lot!  I appreciate it!

I suspect that there are some numbers without games, like Sachen had done, due to making a mistake when ordering the games or what not.  That is my guess, but I don't have any real proof to back this up. 

I personally own about 85 Waixing games, though the highest code I have seen is ES-1138, which suggests that at least  138 different Waixing games exist.  To make matters even more confusing, I own some Waixing games that do not have part numbers.  While it wouldn't surprise me if some of those games helped to account for some of the missing cart numbers inquired about above, there really is no way to know that for sure, until it is proven one way or another.

Another fun thing about Waixing is that they made so many reprints of their games, it just isn't funny.  There are versions of the games with traditional Chinese characters on the front label, and versions with simplified characters on the front.  There are cardboard box versions, long plastic box versions, and square reprints.  I have even found some "Whirlwind Manu" carts with Waixing games on them.  And then there is another can of worms to open.  While many of the Waixing games are original productions, there are also many that are just Chinese translations of Japanese games.  Some of the RPGs and Dragon Ball games are that way. 

Although Waixing seems to have not been popular in Taiwan (those games rarely turn up in Taiwan and when they do, they are typically the older generation versions and not the reprints), the company is definitely interesting.