March 28, 2024, 03:11:02 pm

My Japan Haul

Started by Protoman, November 01, 2014, 04:14:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Protoman

Spent a total of 89170 Yen / 5870 SEK / 794 Dollars / 634 Euro / 497 GBP on game stuff.

I saved up for my Japan trip by not going on ebay almost at all, and now that I've been to Japan, it'll be a long time before I need to again!

My regrets: Didn't find Turtles in Time, the Famicom 3D glasses, or any GameCenter CX stuff.

Shumi Nagaremono

Very nice!  Hope you had a good time!

Nightstar699

Wow, you have a remarkable eye for quality. Tokyo Disneyland, Keroppi 2, Saiyuki World 2, NY Nyankies, Spartan X2, Ninja Crusaders, Nemo, Contra, etc. etc. etc. Too many gems in there to count, that's what I'd call an amazing haul. Congrats on the additions.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Protoman

Quote from: Nightstar699 on November 01, 2014, 10:33:39 pm
Wow, you have a remarkable eye for quality. Tokyo Disneyland, Keroppi 2, Saiyuki World 2, NY Nyankies, Spartan X2, Ninja Crusaders, Nemo, Contra, etc. etc. etc. Too many gems in there to count, that's what I'd call an amazing haul. Congrats on the additions.

I did my research! Before leaving I went through the NES and SNES lists on Gamefaqs, wrote down all the games that looked remotely decent and then I tried them briefly on emulator to test and made lists on all the games I'd consider buying. That way I made sure I didnt buy any bad games on the basis on it having a cool cover, for instance.

manuel

Great you enjoyed your Japan stay.  8)

But you should have stopped by at my place!  ;D

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: manuel on November 04, 2014, 04:49:51 pm
Great you enjoyed your Japan stay.  8)

But you should have stopped by at my place!  ;D

See?  Next time you stop by, there's at least two folks here willing to play tour guide! 

nesgamer91

Nice looking hori joy pad there my man! How much did that set you back. Great haul!

Protoman

Quote from: nesgamer91 on November 08, 2014, 09:57:46 am
Nice looking hori joy pad there my man! How much did that set you back. Great haul!

It was a JoyCard from Hudson and it cost about 3200 yen

Post Merge: November 21, 2014, 04:14:42 am

Here's a video with gameplay of most of what I bought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R31AVCXXWHE

P

Ah you really did get almost only great stuff!