Got my first Famicom the other day

Started by BaconBitsKing, November 19, 2014, 03:40:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BaconBitsKing

November 19, 2014, 03:40:55 pm Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 04:14:53 pm by BaconBitsKing
I know it's not that special, but I'm just really excited about it. It's currently hooked up to a VCR with an NES switchbox (that I just happened to have in a box of old Atari stuff I bought at a garage sale). It's yellowed slightly, but I don't really care about that. It works great. I have four games for it:

Galaga
SMB 3
Donkey Kong Jr.
Hoshi no Kirby

fcgamer

Very nice, congrats on the pickup!  I think it is very special, everyone will remember something as significant as their first Famicom :)
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Raverrevolution

Yeah I agree, the first is always special.  It'll get the ball rolling into collecting more games, trust me.

I was very happy when I got my first Famicom.  I felt like I received a piece of my childhood that I was never allowed to have.

zmaster18

Quote from: Raverrevolution on November 20, 2014, 05:45:14 am
Yeah I agree, the first is always special.  It'll get the ball rolling into collecting more games, trust me.

I was very happy when I got my first Famicom.  I felt like I received a piece of my childhood that I was never allowed to have.

I totally agree. My first one was kind yellowed, a 'french vanilla' color. I also had only 5 games for a while and had to run it through the VCR. After, I used it on another TV and got it to work on channel 16. However, the video would roll or sometimes become black and white. At that point, I did my first AV mod  ::)  It looked so bad, but it did the job. I sold that Famicom a little while ago and have a nice white one with a professional mod! Are you interested in doing the AV mod, BaconBitsKing?

BaconBitsKing

I have thought about it, but I don't think I want to right now since I have pretty much no experience modifying consoles or even taking them apart.

Shumi Nagaremono

Awesome!  And some truly great games there to get you started.  Have fun!

Yukima

Very nice!

My first (and currently only) Famicom was an AV Famicom, so the feeling isn't QUITE the same... Someday I'd like to find an original Famicom with AV mod so I can play it on our TVs.