Make up fake games (forum game)

Started by maxellnormalbias, November 17, 2014, 09:53:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maxellnormalbias

November 17, 2014, 09:53:39 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:48:51 pm by maxellnormalbias
(This is a thread where you make up fake games and the history behind them. By fake I don't mean pirated, you could make up a story about a real non-pirate game.)

All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. No, I'm serious. I just wrote this right here. Please don't add this to the BootlegGames Wiki.

In 2007, Hummer Team released the ZDog 2, which contained "Super Mario World 5", a version of Famicom Super Mario World with fixed jumping physics.

In 2008, the website "80snestalgia.com" was created, for fans of the NES who played it in the 80s. Hummer Cheng signed up to the forum to promote the ZDog 2 and to ask for suggestions for the ZDog 3. Eventually, the ZDog 3 morphed into the Neoden. Davis Smithson, the first english Hummer Team member, was hired for localization. Mary Go Go Go started development.

80snestalgia members contributed code to go with Cheng's "All Game Mary" engine (later localized as "Unimario"). Carson Johnburg (a demoscene coder) provided "KingdomKit", a level interpreter for all 4 main mario games (SMB123+SMWFC). He later contributed the source code for "Se7enstarz", a demo he made that was a clone of Super Mario RPG's isometric view. Mary Go Go Go was made as a completely original RPG in Mandarin Chinese, featuring Mario and friends. Some pirate cartridges have been leaked out and can still be bought to this day, but the story was lacklustre and filled with plot holes. Mary Go Go Go was also localized but with a story that was quite altered. No copies were made but ROMs can be found online. The game consisted of an SMRPG-like world map that had "action stages" that played a lot like Mario 3.

Fantendo editors created a game idea called "Super Mario Neoden", which was supposed to be a game for the rumoured famiclone of the same name. The writer, Greenluigiyoshi64, was contacted by Davis Smithson who then contacted Cheng. Mary Go Go Go was repurposed into Super Mario 13-in-1 Adventure, which had a hub world using the Se7enstarz engine and was pretty much an extensive hack of Mary Go Go Go.

KingdomKit was patched by an anonymous person only known as TheGoombaWithoutAnH to support Doki Doki Panic assets (given Unimario block numbers 256-512, requiring a patch for Unimario to use 2 registers for the block number). DDP didn't use assets 402-512, so they were given some things that were in SMB3 that weren't in the game. (The kuribo shoe, and the big blocks, for instance.)

Eventually, all these games were added to SM13A:

- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario USA
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Super Mario World
- Mario Is Missing
- Mario's Time Machine
- Blue Mario Bros. 3
- Mario Adventure
- Super Mario: Chaos Control
- Kaizo Mario World (Ported over)
- Mario In: Some Usual Day
- And a completely original game with fan-designed levels and a Se7enstarz hub world, that was not named in game.

The game was released as "Super Mario Neoden 13-in-1" alongside the Neoden console in 2010. The Neoden had RGB out, stereo separation, and an analog stick on the N64-like controller that actually worked (essentially it's an "analog turbo d-pad"). The console was later re-released with MMC5 support with chips ordered from UMC. The launch was successful and with Waixing as a distributor, Hyperkin did not stand a chance when releasing the Retron. Hummer Team obtained a license from Nintendo when Reggie Fils-Aime was shocked to have a cartridge mailed to him and he enjoyed the game. Eventually it was released on the Wii Virtual Console.

Rumor has it a sequel's in development.

smeghead

Mickey Mouse 6 (Adventure in Binaryland)

Contra XIII : Rambo vs Terminator

Double Dragon: Blood Brothers

Kunio Kun : Grand Slam Tennis Heroes

Duck Hunt 2 (Revenge of Ducks)

:blinky:

M-Tee

An SNK-developed Megaman title for the NGPC during the height of their crossover period, pre-Playmore days.

L___E___T

Quote from: M-Tee on November 19, 2014, 09:17:27 am
An SNK-developed Megaman title for the NGPC during the height of their crossover period, pre-Playmore days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkuVIzr1ay8

I wish we could have a Famicom port of this :)
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

M-Tee

Yeah, that was a solid port.

I always wanted one that played like a traditional MM game, but in the Metal Slug NGPC style, as they were the best Metal Slug games in my opinion.

Then again, I'm pretty biased. The SNK-made SVC Chaos is my favorite Street Fighter game, haha.

maxellnormalbias

In 2014, There was a merger between Subor and Fuzhou Coolboy Electronics (formerly known as Waixing). They formed to create The Famicom Company. Hummer Team was disbanded due to conflicts with Nintendo and many employees including Cheng and Smithson joined Famidev, TFC's game development subsidiary.

13-in-1 was largely forgotten and got removed from the Virtual Console back in 2012.

TFC got the right to distribute Action 53, Super NESnake 2, and Armed for Battle. The first game developed by Famidev was called Famicom World. UglyJoe sued Famidev for trademark infringement when the game was announced in Famitsu.

The game was renamed as Famicom Adventure and featured a Mii-like customizable protagonist.

It was released alongside the Neoden 2 in 2015.