March 28, 2024, 03:13:13 am

I hate Akiba

Started by Shumi Nagaremono, November 25, 2014, 10:59:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

80sFREAK

Whatever $3 with free shipping is legit  ::)
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

maxellnormalbias

I think with something like Super Maruo, but Mario 5-16 and a lot of the Nice Code games can be easily found on AE.

But sorry for derailing this thread.

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: maxellnormalbias on November 27, 2014, 11:57:42 pm
I think with something like Super Maruo, but Mario 5-16 and a lot of the Nice Code games can be easily found on AE.

I'm cool with it.  Personally psyched that my little ****-fest turned into a legit interesting discussion.  :)

Can you suggest a few good unlicensed titles to look out for?

fcgamer

Some series to look for:  the Micro Genius games, the NTDEC games, the Sachen games.  With all of those, it is quite easy to tell a reprint from an original.

Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on November 28, 2014, 01:23:34 am
Quote from: maxellnormalbias on November 27, 2014, 11:57:42 pm

I'm cool with it.  Personally psyched that my little ****-fest turned into a legit interesting discussion.  :)

Can you suggest a few good unlicensed titles to look out for?
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

maxellnormalbias

:o Micro Genius made GAMES!?

Anyways, a good NTDEC cartridge is 82-in-1. It has a lot of shoot-em-ups, no repeats, and Fancy Mario. Also, it has some pretty badass menu music.

Although, a warning: "Spartan" on the menu is NOT Spartan X.  It's a pro wrestling game.

meilleuir

I'll be leaving in Fukuoka from the end of the month .

Any advice for cool retro gaming place ?

I did find some great bargains at some second hand shops in the Kansai province at shops that do not even exist online.

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: meilleuir on March 13, 2015, 08:49:33 am
I'll be leaving in Fukuoka from the end of the month .

Any advice for cool retro gaming place ?

I did find some great bargains at some second hand shops in the Kansai province at shops that do not even exist online.

Mandarake in Tenjin is the best 
Most Book-Off locations outside of Hakata/Tenjin have some pretty good deals. 
If you can find any Hard-Off, Eco-Mall, or Book-Eco locations (preferably at least a 10 minute walk from any major train lines), it may be worth your while to check out. 

Have fun!