FDSloadr (transfereing .FDS to RAM adapter) always produces Error 27 or Error 22

Started by XC-3730C, November 30, 2014, 06:24:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

XC-3730C

I have a PC running DOS (500mhz) with a built in parallel port (the only choices are transfer only, ECP and bi-directional, so I chose ECP and IRQ 7). I plug the FDSloadr cable straight into my PC's parallel port.

I follow this guide to the T:

http://www.famicomdisksystem.com/tutorials/disk-writing/writing-disks-with-fdsloader-and-disk-keeper/

I am just trying to play games from my PC's parallel port to my RAM adapter via my FDSloadr cable, but I always get an Error 27 or Error 22. I have tried multiple .FDS images, but no luck.  

What can be done? I have google'd this subject, but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer to this problem.

Any help is appreciated.

80sFREAK

Check the ground between PC and RAM adaptor. ERR.27 is CRC error, so data corrupted at some stage.
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

XC-3730C

80sFREAK

Well, you have to be. Check ground, shielding and all your soldering.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

XC-3730C

I didn't make the cable. I bought it from someone. I haven't used it in years, but it did once work with a PC that I no longer have.

80sFREAK

XC-3730C

It's a Fujitsu Stylistic LT C-500. It's basically a tablet, but runs Windows 98 and 2000 (dual boot). Of course for this task, I boot into DOS

80sFREAK

P

I never seen a tablet with LPT port. Anyway I've been told that laptops often have slightly non-standard LTP ports with different voltage and what not like 80sFREAK is saying. You might have to try another computer.

ebinsugewa

Quote from: P on December 01, 2014, 02:36:42 pm
laptops often have slightly non-standard LTP ports with different voltage and what not like 80sFREAK is saying. You might have to try another computer.

I've seen this mentioned quite a few times in FDSloadr guides. This is likely the problem.

P

XC-3730C

Yea I am probably just gonna have to break down and get a cheap old school PC with built in parallel port.

Strange because I tried my same setup with my Dell Optiplex 755  desktop PC (has a built in parallel port, set to EPP) , and it's the same thing...