Irrational and silly complaints thread

Started by maxellnormalbias, December 10, 2014, 10:24:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

maxellnormalbias

Here, post your irrational and silly complaints.

- This forum has about 1-3 new posts per day. SEGA's forum fulfills that amount in about 30 seconds. One's too slow and the other's too fast!
- There is no such thing as a P2 mic turbo controller!
- My copy of Battletoads has to be the Japanese version, because a non-AV Famicom has a P2 mic controller.
- NOACs can't run Castlevania 3.
- Mr. Gimmick is so good but so EXPENSIVE
- Because of Mr. Gimmick's sound chip it's hard to find pirates of it.
- This post is too long!

Shumi Nagaremono

Famicom Disk System belts were made from chewing gum and spite.

I'll find Bigfoot before I find a CRT TV for sale.

What audience was the FC Transformers game aimed at?

People are cannibalizing Block Sets to complete their Stack-Ups!

Why is the Japanese Game Boy in NES colors?

There are like 2 dozen N64 consoles, why no FC/NES versions?

M-Tee

My Famiclone came with awesome controllers... that despite having the correct button layout, unfortunately label button B as A and vice versa.

fcgamer

I second the complaint on the Famicom Disk System belts, and it ruins the machine for me.  :(

My complaint would be slow post office workers.  You know, the ones that poke and chat with their friends and everything else, when you just want them to shove the package through so that you can arrive to work on time.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

maxellnormalbias

More irrational and silly complaints:

I NEVAR GOT A HONG KONG FAMICOM AND NOW I CAN'T PLAY IN PAL MODE

There are so many 4-in-1s that cannibalize themselves. If I had the cartridges I want i'd have 3 copies of Super Contra.

Really irrational complaint:
The Coach Z talker on Homestar Runner is not reachable via a secret code in the Strong Bad talker. No instead we get a strong bad main menu that should have been accessible from the actual main menu.

number47

New pirate 3-in-1 globtop multicarts can't be OE -> CHR/RD pin 17 hacked.
How the heck could I know where is the OE trace  ???

Shumi Nagaremono

Why is there no third-party P2 mic controllers for the NewFamicom? 

Why the hell is Figuarts Luigi 25% more expensive than Mario?  And why are the add-on packs exponentially more awesome?!? 

Retro Game Camp has GIMMICK CiB for 98,000 yen!  They may as well light the thing on fire, because that sucker's out of circulation! 

Why does every second-hand game store in Tokyo have 15+ copies of Dragonquest IV? 

What's up with only the BACKS of SFC carts turning yellow?

WHY DID NINTENDO HATE END LABELS!  I'm frankly surprised they put them on their CD-based games! 

What's with Gamecube discs being TINY?  Why did Nintendo completely HATE standardized media ANYTHING until 2006?

Were ANY of the NES "Zapper" games set in the future?  The Famicom Gun makes WAY more sense. 

How did all those TERRIBLE NES (and Famicom) peripherals get released?  U Force?  Are you kidding me?

The 3D Classics were awesome!  But why no Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or *any* of the other mainstays? 

Why do SNES RPGs cost less than the SFC versions, shipping, and Rosetta Stone?  ;)

At least three different versions released, and they never did anything about those blasted disk belts on the Twin Famicom? 

maxellnormalbias

Wait, new 3-in-1s can't be modded? Nooooooo! Has anyone made a pin converter for this?

zmaster18

I agree with the 3DS Classics having no Metroid or Zelda or anything....why??

Also, why can't North America's Virtual Console have more games on it? Just get the ROM and put it on the shop...is that so hard?

Why can't I play my Wii Virtual console games on my Wii U AND 3DS without buying them multiple times?

Why is there no more online for DS and Wii games? What if I feel like playing online or getting DLC for old games? I guess it's too bad..

So that means that there's only online games for Wii U and 3DS. I can't name more than 10 online games on Nintendo systems.

I think these complaints were completely rational.

maxellnormalbias

Yeah, this is this is starting to turn into "Rational and legitimate complaints thread".

How many copies of Super Mario Bros. do you own? I only have one cartridge and it's a multicart with SMB on it (and a poor conversion to MMC3 at that) but think of all the places it turns up.

- Every Unchained Melody
- 198-in-1
- 400-in-1
- Mario 6-in-1
- The actual SMB cartridge (duh)
- SMB/Duck Hunt
- SMB/Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet

senseiman

My favorite retro game store went out of business (2 and a half years ago but I`m still not over it).

This brilliant piece of Famicom art  (http://famicomblog.blogspot.jp/2011/06/famicom-cart-mosaics-luigi-wall.html ) was destroyed by the same people who made it and no longer exists.

Super Famicom carts are difficult to store since you can`t stack them one on top of the other.

Ditto with a small number of Famicom carts (mainly the big Namco ones like Famista 89, etc).

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: fcgamer on December 10, 2014, 06:30:07 pm
My complaint would be slow post office workers.  You know, the ones that poke and chat with their friends and everything else, when you just want them to shove the package through so that you can arrive to work on time.

I'm trying to understand what you're saying here. ??? Could you clarify? Shove the package through where?

maxellnormalbias

December 13, 2014, 07:50:48 pm #12 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 08:49:52 pm by maxellnormalbias
Shove it through the postal system, I believe.

How come Ali Express doesn't let you know what the heck kind of AC adapter you're going to get? How do I know if it's 220V or 110?

fcgamer

Quote from: maxellnormalbias on December 13, 2014, 07:50:48 pm
Shove it through the postal system, I believe.

How come Ali Express doesn't let you know what the heck kind of AC adapter you're going to get? How do I know if it's 220V or 110?

Yes, shove the packages through the postal system.  :)

Last week I was late to work actually, by a few minutes, thanks to the jokers at the post office.  There was no line at the post office, and I had six packages to mail, with the customs formed filled out ahead of time.  And I had 25 or 30 minutes of time.  But I'll be damned, those guys were as slow as turtles!
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

number47

They were like ninjaturtles on East European PAL NOAC clone  :)