Irrational and silly complaints thread

Started by maxellnormalbias, December 10, 2014, 10:24:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

Yeah, if people can save a few seconds wait time, they will.  I could never understand people that would run a red light or speed over the limit just to drive 20 minutes or something, as the time being saved compared to the safety issues just doesn't seem worth it to me; however, I guess it is like the crowded trains, people just hate waiting, even for a few moments.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

MaxXimus

Quote from: maxellnormalbias on December 24, 2014, 09:11:07 pm
Quote from: MaxXimus on December 15, 2014, 06:45:15 am
If two lefts make a right, why don't two wrongs make a right?

Well, because "ong" and "ight" have equal value (they're both one syllable) but "wr" and "r" have different values (one is 2 letters and one is 1 letter). So, two wrongs make a wright. This is how it used to be spelled back in 1989-2003 when radical skater dudes said "aight?" and kids thought it sounded like "write" so they wrote it as "wright". The new spelling, as most people know, is "write". So two wrongs make a write. This is because computers (especially the Famicom) were built during the great nostalgia circlejerk of 1982, when NintendoAge started going online. (Originally, a camel would come to your door and you'd get a form asking exactly what words you were going to use to express your LOVE of Mother 3 and your PHYSICAL NEED for it to be released in in North America OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE however a week later they switched to a web forum)

So basically, if you yell "Mother 3" into the Famicom P2 mic (I believe it also works if you try and insert a Japanese GBA cartridge into a Commodore 64) the machine will grow legs and kick you in the arse. Both of these things are illegal, so the policeman had to write down what happened.

If only more people could be this specific. I followed what you said to a "T" and it just makes complete sense.

maxellnormalbias

Quote from: MaxXimus on December 27, 2014, 10:46:05 am
Quote from: maxellnormalbias on December 24, 2014, 09:11:07 pm
Quote from: MaxXimus on December 15, 2014, 06:45:15 am
If two lefts make a right, why don't two wrongs make a right?

Well, because "ong" and "ight" have equal value (they're both one syllable) but "wr" and "r" have different values (one is 2 letters and one is 1 letter). So, two wrongs make a wright. This is how it used to be spelled back in 1989-2003 when radical skater dudes said "aight?" and kids thought it sounded like "write" so they wrote it as "wright". The new spelling, as most people know, is "write". So two wrongs make a write. This is because computers (especially the Famicom) were built during the great nostalgia circlejerk of 1982, when NintendoAge started going online. (Originally, a camel would come to your door and you'd get a form asking exactly what words you were going to use to express your LOVE of Mother 3 and your PHYSICAL NEED for it to be released in in North America OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE however a week later they switched to a web forum)

So basically, if you yell "Mother 3" into the Famicom P2 mic (I believe it also works if you try and insert a Japanese GBA cartridge into a Commodore 64) the machine will grow legs and kick you in the arse. Both of these things are illegal, so the policeman had to write down what happened.

If only more people could be this specific. I followed what you said to a "T" and it just makes complete sense.

Make sure you don't put too much milk or sugar in your T, otherwise it tastes pretty bad.

Shumi Nagaremono

What's with this "weigh your bag on a machine before you check in" bull**** at American airports?  Add *another* step to the process?  It's not bad enough I have to take off my shoes and get a full-body creepy x-Ray shot taken?  Now I have to put up with a fully-automated, superfluous, extra step, featuring technology that makes ROB look bleeding edge, before I can... get in line and hand that bag to the clerk?  What the heck is that?!?!

M-Tee

I hate flying commercially in every country I've been in, which is a disappointment, because I love flying. America is definitely the worst though. Aside from the ridiculous security restrictions, the immigration officers that I had to deal with at the airport are the worst examples of power-gone-to-their-head uneducated mallcops that I know of.

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: M-Tee on January 08, 2015, 05:44:39 pm
I hate flying commercially in every country I've been in, which is a disappointment, because I love flying. America is definitely the worst though. Aside from the ridiculous security restrictions, the immigration officers that I had to deal with at the airport are the worst examples of power-gone-to-their-head uneducated mallcops that I know of.

I hate just about every miserable *second* I spend in American airports.  It is blood-boilingly infuriating from start to finish. 

There is not a SINGLE other country I've been to that even comes close.  Not even within spitting distance. 

South Korea?  Polite, simple, and QUICK. 

Canada:  Couldn't have been more pleasant (and I was only there because of an issue with the plane).

Japan:  Come and gone something like a dozen times and have NEVER encountered a problem. 

However many other countries:  Nothing to really gripe about.

The USA?  Jesus, where to even start? 

The immigration staff are mall-cop wash-outs on power trips that would make Kim Jong Un blush.  They're dressed as such purely to intimidate any new arrivals, which is a GREAT way to make the country seem appealing.  And getting grilled about trivial bull**** is JUST what I want to do after a 12 hour flight. 

What are you doing here?  What were you doing in Japan? 

**** you, man!  Ask me how long I'm staying.  Make sure I'm not carrying anything illegal.  Stamp my passport and wish me a nice day.  Just because the guy before you let a bunch of terrorists into the country and then back onto *other planes* don't take that **** out on me. 

And getting back?  We've got a thousand people in the security line.  Let's keep a dozen metal detectors shut down and have one (maaaaybe two) opened up.  In friggin' CHICAGO.  Take off your shoes, belt, and watch, then stand in this radioactive chamber with your hands over your head, so we can take a picture of your naked body. 

Then hop around like an idiot trying to get your bag re-packed and your clothes back on while a constant stream of people behind you does the exact same. 

Want to pick up a snack or something for the flight?  How about a six dollar pack of gummy bears or a coke for four bucks. 

How about the near constant "The TSA is on high alert for..."  That's a real confidence booster, right before a long-ass flight. 

I can't believe people in that country can put up with this **** on any kind of regular basis.  I guess they just think it's the norm.  It's not.  In fairness, I've never been to an airport in the middle east or even South America.  I guess it's possible that their airports approach the Orwellian nightmare that every airport I've had the misfortune of visiting in the US has shown itself to be.   

Seriously, folks.  Airports in other countries can be fairly pleasant places to spend a bit of time when waiting for a flight or dropping of people who are.  Waiting for your plane in Tokyo or Fukuoka is like killing time at a mall or cafe.  Being stuck in Chicago's O'hare is like waiting in a dentist's office. 

... I love this thread.  Awesome place to vent.  Try showing any kind of frustration in an American airport, if you want to spend a heck of a lot more time in one...

M-Tee

Moreover, the lack of translators for immigration officers is absurd.

The fact that they can even get the job without being at least bilingual is an embarrassment. America needs to adopt the German schooling system more than anything else I can imagine in terms of improving the country.

I ended up spending a half hour extra translating for the mall cops after I called them out for insulting me when they thought I was outside of ear's reach, and while their "female" counterpart was interrogating my wife in a separate room.

...because when they have a plane arriving from a different country, they don't think it'd be even remotely helpful to have a translator on hand for that country's official language.

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: M-Tee on January 09, 2015, 12:42:05 am
Moreover, the lack of translators for immigration officers is absurd.

The fact that they can even get the job without being at least bilingual is an embarrassment. America needs to adopt the German schooling system more than anything else I can imagine in terms of improving the country.

I ended up spending a half hour extra translating for the mall cops after I called them out for insulting me when they thought I was outside of ear's reach, and while their "female" counterpart was interrogating my wife in a separate room.

...because when they have a plane arriving from a different country, they don't think it'd be even remotely helpful to have a translator on hand for that country's official language.

Oh, tell me about.  After the 3/11 disaster, I visited family and friends in the US.  My return flight was cancelled and nobody could be booked on another flight for three DAYS.  Which, yeah, sucked for *me*, but it wasn't the end of the world.  What with the "family and friends" thing.

But for the, you know, *Japanese* fliers?  They were ****ed.  Nobody spoke Japanese.  300 or so people booked on a flight to Japan are stranded in Chicago and they have NOBODY who's equipped to deal with this?!? 

Yes, I translated for them.  No, I wasn't paid...or even *thanked*.  Well, not by the airport staff.  The other passengers were quite greatful. 

It's Chicago.  ORD.  One of the largest airports on EARTH.  Get some flippin' translators, FFS!

Jedi Master Baiter

Everything is dirty: mail, newspapers, silverware, items at the store, packages, whatever.

So what keeps a soda can clean? ???

MaxXimus

I actually watched a documentary that said it's not uncommon for canned drinks to have bacteria such as rat poop and such on it. Let's not forget this stuff gets stockpiled in large warehouses.

fcgamer

Quote from: MaxXimus on January 15, 2015, 07:25:59 am
I actually watched a documentary that said it's not uncommon for canned drinks to have bacteria such as rat poop and such on it. Let's not forget this stuff gets stockpiled in large warehouses.

My mom and I had this discussion just last night, as we went to take sips of cola from our cans.  Mum is recovering from chemo treatments so she has been very careful when it comes to hygiene these past few months.

The thing I don't get is why those people that are crazy obsessed with germs are also the ones that get sick more often.  I eat food off the floor (not often though), chug drinks from cans, take a leak out behind the building if I need to, without a sink nearby, eat lunch at dingy restaurants, but I rarely get sick.  But then I know many people that sanitize this, that, and the other thing, and they still get sick every time I turn around.  Amazing!
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

P

Quote from: fcgamer on January 15, 2015, 07:31:02 am
Quote from: MaxXimus on January 15, 2015, 07:25:59 am

The thing I don't get is why those people that are crazy obsessed with germs are also the ones that get sick more often.  I eat food off the floor (not often though), chug drinks from cans, take a leak out behind the building if I need to, without a sink nearby, eat lunch at dingy restaurants, but I rarely get sick.  But then I know many people that sanitize this, that, and the other thing, and they still get sick every time I turn around.  Amazing!
I agree, I do that too (I wash my hands after using the toilet though). From what I have seen is if you are too careful about germs and stuff you will get sick more often. Hygiene is important but shouldn't be exaggerated, the body needs to get used to a moderate amount of germs at least. Then of course some people need to be more careful than most because of an illness or so.

maxellnormalbias

I'm boored in class. REALLY BORED.

WHY AM I SO BORED!?!?!?!?  :bub: :bub: :bub: :bub: :bub: :bub: :bub:

EDIT: Welcome to the "kinda..i mean...ummm...sorta" Fest 2015, everybody!

BaconBitsKing

People who say "Famicon" instead of Famicom. How?

Also, it's nigh impossible to find an original Game Boy that doesn't have dead pixels and/or a missing battery cover right now.  >:( :fire:

MaxXimus

I can deal with a couple dead pixels. IT drives me up the wall when I see game consoles, or anything really, without it's battery cover. What the hell did you do to lose it? Just leave  it alone and only take it off to change batteries and you can't possibly lose it!!!