TMNT 3 anti-piracy Game Genie code

Started by maxellnormalbias, December 17, 2014, 01:21:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

maxellnormalbias

Is there a Game Genie code to make TMNT Manhattan Project run as if authentic, even if you're running a copy without the Konami logo?

L___E___T

If the game code has been changed to omit the Konami logo, I don't think you'll find a game genie code that re-inserts it.  Game genie tends to alter a few values here and there.

Admittedly this is not my area of expertise, mind.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

number47

No the question is about difficulty. Dumping and hacking Manhattan project triggered Konami copy protection mechanisms that made the game practically unbeatable. Actually you can deal with the massive amount of enemies in levels with playing a lot, but the final Shedder-fight is DE FACTO unbeatable.

maxellnormalbias wants to know if there is a gamegenie code, that would reverse the effect of the "Konami's life-is-hard-and-unfair-feature".

UglyJoe

It depends on the how the copy protection code is written.  If you can't get around it by modifying just a few (three, traditionally) bytes in the game's code, then you can't get around it with Game Genie.  I've heard that Konami's copy protections are a bit complicated, but I've never looked into it.

maxellnormalbias

How about replacing the byte that initiates hard mode with a NOP? You don't need to edit the Konami logo directly, I think.

UglyJoe

JohnnyBlaze

Does the No-Intro rom of this game have that problem?
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play