How Much Would A Stereo Mod For A Twin Famicom Cost?

Started by okame, December 18, 2014, 06:07:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

okame

I have a mono to stereo cable for my Twin Famicom that I bought online, but it's frayed. Is there someone that would be wiling to mod my Twin and put the other audio plug where the R/F plug is right now? If so, how much, including shipping it back to me in Canada? I'm never going to use the R/F option, as I'm using modern HDTVs for my retro gaming most of the time. It might not give me the 'authentic' look the CRT TV I have does, but my HDTVs are bigger.

zmaster18

So you just want to have both a red and white rca jack on your twin famicom? Would you mind if a hole was drilled in the plastic casing is made for the rca jack to be mounted? I could help you do this for a small fee, PM me if you are interested. Because I'm in Canada also, shipping will be only $10 each way.

Pikkon

Why don't you just get a new cable,there cheap to buy.

Also your famicom can't output stereo,all the cable does is give you duel mono.

zmaster18

I agree, the cable is the easiest and cheapest solution. You also don't need to put holes and destroy parts of the system for such a simple problem with other solutions already available.

number47

Why don't you push the limits by performing a stereo mod? It's not a true stereo, but the sound will blow your mind.
You can use use fixed value resistors instead of pots. Around 4K Ohm is OK. I have 3.6K for left and  4.3K for right.