SOLD: Working Sharp Famicom Titler - good condition - [Video,Pics]

Started by aarkay14, December 28, 2014, 12:28:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aarkay14

Hi All,

I live in Japan and was cleaning my attic when I came across this wonderful device- The SHARP Famicom Titler [AN-510].

Pics:

My father bought this in 1989 in Japan, it was rarely used and has been sitting here in the attic since, I have lost the charger but as you see it contains everything intact, it was in plastic wrap hence least damaged, some yellowing on the controllers.  :(

I can confirm it was working awesomely during those days when I was a kid but I already had a Red and White famicom so I didnot use it much and it was packed when we moved and never opened.

I am ready to sell it in 380 USD + shipping from Japan = seeing it still contains the awesome RGB PPU from Ricoh and is in good condition.

Complete video Showcase = http://youtu.be/kqN1_1Rnu0s

Thank you.

Please PM me for any questions.
- Rama Krishna Mishra

aarkay14

January 05, 2015, 06:32:18 am #1 Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:23:50 am by aarkay14
Hi All,

Just to add, I used a new adaptor and this thing is now working !!!! .. Wow.. Its working as if all is well . everything is working..

I am ready to sell a working Famicom Titler in 400 USD +shipping
PM me !

- Rama

StJackie

aarkay14

Dear All,

Video Showcase Famicom Titler = http://youtu.be/kqN1_1Rnu0s

Price has been updated - Only for serious collectors.

PM me for any negotiations.

- Rama

Post Merge: January 10, 2015, 01:54:25 am

Thank you .  ;)

-Rama

leonk

Rama. I just PMed you. I'm surprised that after the 1/2 dozen private messages back and forth and PayPal payment request you increased the price 50%. If you decide to sell for original agreed price let me know.

Btw. Rgb PPU prices are now what they used to be. NESRGB and soon to be released NES HDMI both give better video quality and color than original rgb ppu. No one is doing these rgb mods using original PPUs and hence prices have dropped a lot.

Yelir

I was told he could "slash" the price, but came back with a higher price point? No thank you, but good luck with your eBay sales.  ::)

L___E___T

Hmmm, not best form to advertise for one price and then whack it up after interest for whatever reason.  Some forums have clear rules on that and while we don't here - it's bad form and doesn't do well to entice prospective buyers in, especially as a new member.  Leon is correct in that now with the NES HDMI and also VileTim's NESRGB kits, there isn't the same demand for Titler and PlayChoice 10 PPUs as there once was.  You can always ask whatever price you want but standard etiquette is that if you advertise for a certain price, you don't deviate from that after interest - or at least not massively.  Sometimes shipping costs can be underestimated etc. but I would also consider that you won't be able to get 'eBay prices' on here either, because eBay always charge 20%~ from the seller, which is obviously not a concern here.  This is all my personal take on things, not necessarily the 'official' take from the FamicomWorld mods and admin, I should note.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fcgamer

Quote from: L___E___T on January 10, 2015, 09:29:49 am
Hmmm, not best form to advertise for one price and then whack it up after interest for whatever reason.  Some forums have clear rules on that and while we don't here - it's bad form and doesn't do well to entice prospective buyers in, especially as a new member.  Leon is correct in that now with the NES HDMI and also VileTim's NESRGB kits, there isn't the same demand for Titler and PlayChoice 10 PPUs as there once was.  You can always ask whatever price you want but standard etiquette is that if you advertise for a certain price, you don't deviate from that after interest - or at least not massively.  Sometimes shipping costs can be underestimated etc. but I would also consider that you won't be able to get 'eBay prices' on here either, because eBay always charge 20%~ from the seller, which is obviously not a concern here.  This is all my personal take on things, not necessarily the 'official' take from the FamicomWorld mods and admin, I should note.

I agree with this.  As an aside, when I see members trying to change the price (for the higher) after interest is shown, then I keep that in mind and try not to deal with them later, either.  If the member didn't know the value of what he / she had, and someone was eager to lowball, I can somewhat understand it (though I don't necessarily agree with it), but if the member knows the value and just wants more money, that seems greedy and I don't like dealing with those folks.

Thanks for the info, Leonk.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

leonk

I think the original $400 price was more than fair.

- Rama has very low post count. He has no creds on this forum. That's a lot of money to send someone who was around only since 2013 - I took the risk.
- one yellow controller
- no stylus
- not original power supply - hacked Neo geo Ac?

For $50 more than current price I would rather pickup a mint complete one from a North American seller. Good luck with your sale.

aarkay14

Dear All,

I deeply apologize for my actions, I never meant to hurt anybody's sentiments.
The price has been brought back to the Original.

Dear Leon,

The offer provided to you still stands. I am sorry for doing what I did.

I just needed the money for some personal things...  :( :'(

- Rama

aarkay14

aarkay14

aarkay14

Retrospectives

Congratulations to the buyer and to Rama. Really state of the art piece the Famicom Titler.  :o