Any Animal Crossing New Leaf fans on here?

Started by zmaster18, January 17, 2015, 08:03:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zmaster18

I might want to get back into the game again, but I'm wondering if anyone else would also like to play online. This game is just better in a community  :P  If you're interested, let me know. (also down for Smash Bros or MK8 btw )

tappybot

I enjoyed it, but I find the game (and the whole series) rather hollow after putting in your obligatory 10-20 initial hours.
After that, it's just a bunch of phony villagers lying about what they do when you aren't looking, which is always absolutely nothing.

Isabelle is full of shit too.

zmaster18

When I was a kid and played the Gamecube version, I used to love just talking to villagers. Now, I only talk when I'm looking for free stuff.  :P :P

I just started my new town last week and I've only been focusing on the town projects. My houses are empty on the inside but all decked out on the outside. My town's theme is a modern suburban neighborhood with parks and a hint of Japanese culture. I'm having fun and can honestly say I'm addicted. I'm playing 5+ hours a day!

My only complaints with the game are:

-Nintendo stopped doing DLC like a year and a half after the game. I really liked the 7-Eleven set and Campus set, I wish there were more promos like this! Like McDonald's or Starbucks sets could have been released worldwide, but no other promotional DLC was ever made.

-Neighbors randomly move in wherever they want. I hate when the brand new road I just created and put lots of time and money into gets blocked by a new neighbor's house. You have to wait another 2 weeks at least to get them to move out. That's bulllllshit.

-Limit of 30 town projects. I wish there was just a little more town projects you can build at once. I'm not that mad though, I see how a big game like this can have limitations with memory and all. However, I really wish Nintendo made more town projects or even DLC projects. I would even pay with eShop points if it was that good.

I think everything else is perfection! This game is really fun and there's always something new to do. Even in my last town that I put 200 hours into, I never went diving or went to the dream suite once. I was just so preoccupied with other stuff like landscaping and pattern making! Once my town looks acceptable, I'm going to post pics for everyone to see if they're interested. I will have some Famicom related stuff in my town for you guys to enjoy!

UglyJoe

I played it for a few weeks and then my interest waned.  I do like the game, I just keep forgetting to play it.  You almost have to make a habit out of it.

Quote from: zmaster18 on January 22, 2015, 07:12:50 am
When I was a kid and played the Gamecube version, I used to love just talking to villagers. Now, I only talk when I'm looking for free stuff.  :P :P

I talk to the villagers all the time.  It's probably why I'm so slow at getting anything done in the game :-[

mrtselevel

This game was the reason i finally bought a 3DS(XL AC Edition).  I havent touched the game in a few months after playing a year or so straight for almost every day.  Spend a lot of time at the end trying to get photos of the neighbors I liked.  They did a real good job with all the new things you could do in this version

JessicaWolf

I enjoyed New Leaf very much, but I am afraid to look at my town now because it's been over a year since I have played, so it will probably be full of weeds and dead villagers  :-[
Here are a few games I am looking for right now
Super Puzzle Fighter II X (Sega Saturn)
GeGeGe no Kotarou (Sega Saturn)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Sega Saturn)
KiKi KaiKai (PC Engine) (CIB)
Puzzle Bobble (Super Famicom) (CIB)

zmaster18

I restarted 2 weeks ago and so far I'm having fun! My town is much better this time around, since I planned everything (my roads and town projects) on day one. I have a modern town theme with a hint of Japan :)