Europe exclusive 3DS games?

Started by Yukima, January 19, 2015, 12:43:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukima

I'm considering importing a New 3DS from the EU/Australia (either the white model w/faceplates or the blue XL, since the US won't get either of them). It'll be good since I can finally play the Inazuma Eleven games on 3DS, but are there any other good Europe-only 3DS games?

P

Usually more games come out in US than in Europe, but I don't know how it is in this case since I have a Japanese 3DS. Japanese region has the best library of games but then of course you are stuck with games in Japanese.

Damn region protection. >:(

Pikkon

There's a 3ds region free exploit.

https://github.com/smealum/regionthree/

Also this only works on a regular 3ds,no new 3ds support.

Yukima

Wow, that's nice! I didn't realize someone had come up with an exploit like that - thought it was impossible without bricking. I figured that I'd eventually have to import both a Japanese 3DS and a European 3DS to play everything I wanted to play, although that would be buying into Nintendo's region locking insanity. I'm fine with importing a Japanese 3DS (the New models we won't get in the US gives me an excuse, finally) but wasn't so sure about the European one unless there were enough games to justify it.

I'll probably have to wait until I pick up another US 3DS (the New black XL maybe?) and get my eShop stuff transferred before I try this exploit, just in case, and probably stop updating the firmware on my current 3DS. If anything, this would work for the few EU games I'll import... I have a feeling it's just Inazuma Eleven...  :-[

Thanks!

P

That's cool stuff, but I doubt it takes long before Nintendo patches this vulnerability. And personally I would rather be interested in some way to run out of region applications like the Downloadplay program (Downloadplay is region locked too which makes it almost useless for me).

jpx72

maxellnormalbias

It's wireless multiplayer with two DSes. I used to use it a lot when playing Mariokart DS and Vs. Pac-Man with my friends.

P

I should add: with only a single game cart. It's like the single cart linking for GBA and DS, but on 3DS it's a pre-installed program with region protection, so it can only be used with other 3DS of the same region. I can't play Smash Bros with most people here because I have a Japanese 3DS.

nintendodork

Quote from: Pikkon on January 19, 2015, 10:13:33 pm
There's a 3ds region free exploit.

https://github.com/smealum/regionthree/

Also this only works on a regular 3ds,no new 3ds support.
That's so cool! Thank you for sharing. It's not of much use to me since I plan on getting a New 3DS, but I have some friends who would really like to take advantage of this.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat