Famicom Jail Bars reduced with N8 Everdrive

Started by muckyfingers, February 03, 2015, 03:30:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

muckyfingers

February 03, 2015, 03:30:58 pm Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:17:59 pm by muckyfingers
I've noticed that on my Famicom, with AV mod, the jail bars are much less noticeable (almost completely eliminated) while using the N8 Everdrive. I've used the actual Super Mario Bros. famicom cartridge and rom to compare. Has anyone else noticed this nice bonus "feature"?  ;D

RetroFixes

Hmmm.  I will test this out and see what the deal is.   Good news for Everdrive users.

SegaSonic9

Is the Twin, Titler and AVFami the only Famis without jailbars?  I've not used the original Famicom, but I did not see and jailbars at all on my Twins and AVFami.

HVC-Man

I just noticed this myself with my AV modded Famicom, HVC-CPU-06 board inside. I don't know why the jailbars go away, but that sure is nice that they do!

muckyfingers

March 20, 2015, 11:40:17 pm #4 Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 07:59:31 pm by muckyfingers
Quote from: HVC-Man on March 17, 2015, 01:55:31 am
I just noticed this myself with my AV modded Famicom, HVC-CPU-06 board inside. I don't know why the jailbars go away, but that sure is nice that they do!

I'm glad it wasn't just a fluke on my system.  ;D

aha2940

They seem to be the same on my system. I have a famiclon, but inside is exactly the same circuit as an original famicom. I even replaced the CPU and PPU with original Nintendo ones.

Regards.