Pyronaut - A New Space Adventure for NES / FC

Started by M-Tee, February 07, 2015, 06:31:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

Looks like it's coming along nicely!  Though forgive me for mentioning - the last tiles on a platform at the right look cropped in the FG and BG - they should form a corner if that makes sense.

Really, really nice though - can't wait to see more and indeed the finished article!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FamilyMan

- Collecting should be about owning the games as much as playing them!

M-Tee

Yeah, three of the six areas have animated backgrounds. This one's is rather seizure-inducing, haha. The fans spin. The lights blink, the tendrils wiggle, etc.

As for the right-edges of the platform, you're correct, they're cropped by about two pixels (the corner is implied by a single pixel instead of the three that'd be best), but due to the various space restrictions of the background (even more so than a common game due to some engine-specific traits), having a custom edge there would greatly reduce the variety of background possible. 

Thanks for bringing it to my attention though. I might be able to find some other workaround for it.

JoshyBoshy

M-Tee

Thanks for the useful and constructive comment on our project. It's highly appreciated.

Sarcasm aside, there are probably less than a half dozen communities devoted to these interests. They each have their own pros and cons, but this is not the place for that conversation.

This thread is about Pyronaut. Keep it game related, please.

M-Tee

A bit of an update, but not much:

Optomon and I touched base last week, and we're both planning to catch up on some external obligations throughout the month of October. For him, it's mainly compositions for Grimlock's Rogue Dawn. For me, it's some graphics on an upcoming, yet unannounced homebrew.

But, both of those being on track by the end of October, Pyronaut should come back on track. And our next video update will hopefully be before the end of October. There's a lot of this game that's been made that hasn't been shown publicly yet. But, there's also a lot left to do.

To have something to show, though, I'll break our Final Area embargo, and show off one of my favorite alien designs from the game:

It's working title is Dodan.

L___E___T

Looks awesome!  Can't wait til it's complete...  How much more time do you estimate you guys will need?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

jensma

M-Tee

Thanks. I hate to give dates, but where this winter was our most recent expectation, it's been pushed back at least by a season, I reckon.