Twin Famicom controller yellowing

Started by yeahhhh, February 15, 2015, 09:31:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

yeahhhh

February 15, 2015, 09:31:03 am Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:46:31 am by yeahhhh
I have a red twin famicom and the controller faceplates are really yellowed. Can i soak them in hydrogen peroxide to deyellow them without ruining the text or anything?

Post Merge: February 15, 2015, 09:46:31 am

also does anyone know a good american power supply that works with the twin famicom?

2A03

Quote from: yeahhhh on February 15, 2015, 09:31:03 am
I have a red twin famicom and the controller faceplates are really yellowed. Can i soak them in hydrogen peroxide to deyellow them without ruining the text or anything?

I don't see why that wouldn't work, it's worth a shot.

Quote from: yeahhhh on February 15, 2015, 09:31:03 am
also does anyone know a good american power supply that works with the twin famicom?

I use a PSOne AC adapter with mine combined with a homemade tip adapter. Works wonders since the PSOne power supply supplies the exact same voltage as the original one and has more than enough current.

yeahhhh

okay thank you sounds good. I was thinking about getting one and converter for the tip. I saw this http://en.retrogamesupply.com/products/power-supply-for-nintendo-sharp-twin-famicom but I dont know how well they work

petsematary

Retr0bright should work (and I'd imagine that plain old high percentage hydrogen peroxide would work similarly), but be aware that there are some reports of it fading labeling, so presumably it does have the potential to fade stuff that you don't want faded. Look on the Retr0bright wiki since I recall it mentioning this.

zmaster18

Retrobright is kinda effective, but I'm not sure about the controller faceplate. I actually think I tried to soak it in the peroxide before and it didn't do any good. You may just need to replace the faceplate or scan it and create a replica on your computer and get it printed. But even that won't be the same.