WTB: Famicom Samples/Prototypes; FDSLoadr cable

Started by petsematary, March 01, 2015, 05:09:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

petsematary

March 01, 2015, 05:09:29 pm Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:48:04 am by petsematary
Looking to buy some Famicom sample/prototype carts. I am interested in most anything, even the crappiest of games, though I am not interested in Konami white-label sample carts. Beyond that, if you have something for sale, let me know because chances are I will be interested!

I am also interested in the same type of thing for both GameBoy and Super Famicom!

Thanks!

EDIT: I am also looking to buy an already built FDSLoadr cable. I have two white development disks, one of which clearly holds an unfinished prototype build of the game, the other one I'm not sure if it is same as retail or not (or if it was overwritten with a random game), so I want to back them up and preserve the data. I could build one myself, but I really do not have the time to make one and probably won't for several months.

fcgamer

I have several Famicom samples / prototypes, I would gladly sell them to you at $400 - $500 each.   :)
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

petsematary

Quote from: 80sFREAK on March 01, 2015, 09:43:58 pm
Welcome to forum. Prepare to pay $500+ per cart. Good luck.

Ha, I already have several and would never dream of paying that much per cart.

L___E___T

Don't worry about 80sFreak - he's not so bad when you get to know him.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

petsematary

March 02, 2015, 11:44:01 am #4 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:27:51 pm by petsematary
Quote from: L___E___T on March 02, 2015, 10:48:30 am
Don't worry about 80sFreak - he's not so bad when you get to know him.

Haha, s'all good  ;D

I tend to prefer samples of cheaper, crappier games to ones of really popular ones. For said random crappier games I generally am willing to pay between $90 and ~$160, depending on the game and cartridge style (I am particularly fond of the ones housed in RAM adapter casing, like the TK22-EPROM boards and the ones that are similar but the PCB is too large for the top of the case to fit on),  or for popular games POSSIBLY up to $300 (but that maximum really depends on the particular game).

petsematary

I am also now looking to buy an FDSLoadr cable so I can back up my two white FDS development disks.

ericj

March 13, 2015, 09:04:41 am #6 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:28:21 am by ericj
If you just want some backups, you can make copies with a copy utility. A FDSLoader cable won't allow you to back up a disk, but a dumping cable will. Or, you can send them to me and I can make FDS images from them.

petsematary

Oops, I guess I meant a dump cable then heh. And many thanks for the offer, I might wind up taking you up on it, though I would like to have the equipment to do it myself so as not to have to bother someone and rely on the USPS not to lose something each time I get a new one.

petsematary

Still looking. Got one for 'Holy Diver' from famiac, but still interested in most anything!

I will go to the lowest of the low in terms of game quality. The only thing I might not be interested in regardless of price are the Konami and Namcot white label carts since those don't really intrigue me for whatever reason.

famiac