March 28, 2024, 02:23:31 pm

Pixels 2015 Movie

Started by NintendoKing, March 20, 2015, 11:04:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NintendoKing

Yes I'm aware it rips off a episode of Futurama, I noticed the moment I watched the trailer. But it looks actually very silly and fun, and includes a lot of famous videogame characters and even some interesting history stuff like Toru Iwatani the creator of Pac Man attempting to talk to his son Pac Man. :)

Anyways, what do you all think?

BaconBitsKing

I don't know what to think of this. I certainly like the idea and did enjoy the trailer. I think I'll see it when it comes out. It seems like something I would enjoy.  :gamer:

My favorite parts of the trailer were the Donkey Kong part and the part where Toru Iwatani talks to Pac-Man.

NintendoKing

Yes those scenes are good, and I really like the Pac Man scene so much. It's awesome!

mario3648

I don't know why, but Donkey Kong just looks a bit... off to me in the trailer. He has those classic comedy U-shaped teeth, but it's scary at the same time. Also, the scene with Pac-Man is hilarious on it's own.

Other than Donkey Kong's horrifying teeth, the movie looks so great that I can't wait for it.

M-Tee

Looks like typical lowest-common-denominator fare to me. Doubt I'll ever watch it.

maxellnormalbias

March 24, 2015, 10:18:03 pm #5 Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:18:52 pm by maxellnormalbias
[removed a long time ago. wish I didn't, but alas the post is gone]

BaconBitsKing

March 25, 2015, 12:25:09 pm #6 Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:03:11 pm by BaconBitsKing
QuoteLooks like typical lowest-common-denominator fare to me. Doubt I'll ever watch it.

That's what I'm worried about, tbh. Adam Sandler's already in it, which means it could either be funny-ish or terrible. I still kind of want to see it, though.

NintendoKing

I also fear the Sandler being in it. He's a mixed bag for definite.

Bob-Bob

famiac

March 27, 2015, 10:09:38 pm #9 Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:14:54 pm by famiac
^
for fear of being too negative

BaconBitsKing

I saw it yesterday and kind of liked it. I didn't think it was that funny, but it (obviously) had a ton of homages to arcade games. There were definitely a few parts that didn't make sense/were just weird.

tonev

You know that the old man that they are claiming to be the creator of pacman is not the real creator of pacman but just a Japanese actor.
I am back everyone :)

BaconBitsKing

Quote from: tonev on July 25, 2015, 05:33:37 am
You know that the old man that they are claiming to be the creator of pacman is not the real creator of pacman but just a Japanese actor.

Wow, really? That's disappointing. He still makes a cameo appearance, apparently.

NintendoKing

Yes but they did refer to him by the correct name. I heard that he didn't want to be in the movie but he allowed his name and likeness.

chowder

That was fucking terrible ;D

Couple of nice references, but Adam Sandler really is the kiss of death for movies these days.  Why does he still get paid so much, the ROI on his films must suck ass.